My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jin Kim

February 12, 2003 10:06 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

2" Diagonal

Posted By Jin Kim

How about 2" enhanced mirror diagonal from Stellervue? It's cheaper (~$90)with 98% reflectivity. Ihave one and like it a lot

March 11, 2003 08:44 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

influence of sky on deep sky imaging

Posted By Jin Kim

Hi Johannes, it's an awesome image showing both M42 and the horsehead in one frame. (now i know where the horsehead is exactly located :-) Can you tell us what equipment and setting you used to capture this great image? Also what's mag 5.5., 4.5.?? One last... what's D60?

March 19, 2003 12:00 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Deep sky - SCT or APO?

Posted By Jin Kim

Definitely SCT. Scopes with larger aperture and longer focal length rule (unless you're into astrophotography). You may want to consider a good quality 7 or 8" mak-cass.

May 26, 2003 07:07 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

at the RTMC

Posted By Jin Kim

Hey Dad! THat is a nice picture of you and Brian. How come there isn't a picture of me in it? JK... Well, see you at home, err.. yea. OKay! I love you! ~Patricia

May 27, 2003 02:57 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Bleeding Hearts

Posted By Jin Kim

Shady? Are you kidding? Looks professional to me. Pinpoint focusing and blurry background. How did you do that? What setting? Obviously you didn't use the macro mode from 20 feet away...

June 15, 2003 02:22 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Made 7" APO to replace my 10"-LX200?

Posted By Jin Kim

You're talking about 3.3 refractor vs. 10" reflector.
I think your 10" LX200 was way out of colimation.
A 7" apo will definitely be a killer scope if you have a permanent observatory.

June 18, 2003 10:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Canon EOS 10D images

Posted By Jin Kim

Beautiful! It seems all those astronomically expensive dedicated astro CCDs will soon be obsolete...
cheaper, easier, faster... and can take great pictures of so many other objects day and night.

June 23, 2003 03:40 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M57

Posted By Jin Kim

Wow.. wonderful shot! Hi Mark, how did you connect the Canon to the telescope? Did you couple the camera to an eyepiece through a digital camera adapter (from scopetronix)? Probably not...

August 10, 2003 05:31 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

The god of war

Posted By Jin Kim

Wow, this is the exact view that I get through my refractor. Same overall color, dark areas, polar ice cap.
as close as it gets...

Great shot!

August 14, 2003 03:16 AM Forum: Takahashi

1ST light TAK 130 TOA

Posted By Jin Kim

"The reason I sold all the others, was because I eventually realized that I did'nt like setting up heavy scopes"

That was exactly the reason that I got rid of my TOA130 and bought a lighter 5" refractor. I think the TOA weighs about 25 pounds with the basic accessories like the mounting rings, finder/bracket. It wasn't a light and portable scope at all.

Anyway it's an excellent refractor. Congrates!!!