My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Richard Huber

July 24, 2002 08:18 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

A complaint about Astromart and this forum

Posted By Richard Huber

I consider folks who use astro mart as a bidding platform, especially fixing prices far over mfr. list to be acting in an unethical way that is counter to the fellowship of amateur astronomy. This is not Enron, Tyco or Worldcom. I have seen enough greed for one year.
My second complaint is about folks who go way too far "off topic." There seems to be a lack of sanity here.

September 6, 2003 04:13 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Film scanning to digital

Posted By Richard Huber

Looking for someone who scans astro film to digital professionally. S&T mentioned a couple of names recently, but I have not been able to find the reference.

August 26, 2006 03:42 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

AP160

Posted By Richard Huber

I grew old waiting for this. They really do exist. The views are POW!

June 24, 2011 07:57 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Re: north america nebula

Posted By Richard Huber

I have seen it with naked eye. It is quite impressive seen in the context of the Milky Way.

June 24, 2011 07:57 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Re: north america nebula

Posted By Richard Huber

I have seen it with naked eye. It is quite impressive seen in the context of the Milky Way.

July 26, 2002 05:51 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

1200 GTO pointing accuracy

Posted By Richard Huber

I have been using a 900GTo for about a year and at first was frustrated by the same problems. At the bottom of it all is a poor polar alignment and deflections in the optical alignment. I recently bought a Casio E125 PDA om Half.com for $200 and loaded Pocket Sky with Tpoint on it
(another $100). I have achieved (easily) polar aligment of 1 arc minute. The slew nails the object every time. I consider my problem solved. By the way, I do this without using the AP keypad. The PDA takes its place, it's incredibly convenient. Setting time to the second helps. I use the time service call up provided with the Sky 5.0, but if you can find AtomTime on the web, that is useful too.

August 30, 2002 10:03 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Flip Mirror System Help!

Posted By Richard Huber

Joe,
Put the f6.3 in front of the flip mirror. The f3.3 does not allow enough back focus to use a flip mirror. That means: align, align on the pole,
rick

November 22, 2002 02:27 PM Forum: TeleVue

TV 26mm Nagler vs 27mm Panoptic

Posted By Richard Huber

In some respaects,the Panoptics are better than the Naglers. They are exceedingly sharp, and generally lighter in weight, which reduces balancing problems.The 22mm is a great versatile ep because it will fit 11/4" and 2" focusers

September 7, 2003 06:00 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

900GTO

Posted By Richard Huber

Slow it down to 600. then it purrs.

September 11, 2003 01:54 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

T-Mount HELP!

Posted By Richard Huber

It sound like you don't have enough back focus from the eyepiece holder to the film plane. With the scope pointed at the moon, hold a piece of paper in front of the eyepiece holder (with no eyepiece.) Move the paper back and forth until the moon is focused, then measure the distance from the holder to the paper. Compare this to the distance required to get the light to the film plane.