My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Richard Huber

August 31, 2011 01:51 PM Forum: Meade

LXD 650 mount

Posted By Richard Huber

I had one of these once. It really made Meade look bad, tjhe worst mount I ever used. i recommend your friend save the money for a new mount.

September 16, 2011 07:32 PM Forum: Celestron

Celestron Power Supply

Posted By Richard Huber

Most "12 volt" power packs and battery chargers meter out at 13.8v. Fear not. You could always rig a simple load test with radio shack resistors.

October 12, 2011 07:02 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Where do the mountain lions live in Seattle?

Posted By Richard Huber

You ain't seen nothin' yet until you have a big black bear at your front door. Only 50 miles north of NYC.

October 12, 2011 07:02 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Where do the mountain lions live in Seattle?

Posted By Richard Huber

You ain't seen nothin' yet until you have a big black bear at your front door. Only 50 miles north of NYC.

October 12, 2011 07:06 PM Forum: Religion

Hubris

Posted By Richard Huber

I learned this word in high school studying Shakespeare (60 years ago.). I always thought the meaning was quite clear.

October 13, 2011 08:46 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

My Jaguar

Posted By Richard Huber

My $1 BMW will beat your Jag any day.

December 27, 2011 02:09 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Best ones

Posted By Richard Huber

Most of the responses are too high priced for me. My favorites are Nagler Type 6 9mm and 22 Panoptic. They can be had for a reasonable sum used. I also like the 35 Panoptic. I use these with a scope fl of ~1200mm

December 30, 2011 04:32 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Resolution

Posted By Richard Huber

You are entering into a very controversial topic among astronomers. You never see "resolution" in mfr specs. There are many ways to determine the quality of an optic. I recommend you research Cloudy Nights website and read all the articles (some lenghty and difficult to understand.) Yopu willthen come bvack as mystified as I am after 45 years of perring at the sky. I say that the actual performance combined with your preferences will help you decide. This is where clubs and star parties come in.

March 5, 2012 08:26 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Wonderful animation from parnel

Posted By Richard Huber

If you want to see another great astrovideo, go to dakotalapse. What is there is absolutley stunning.

August 18, 2008 02:54 PM Forum: Polls

You have to choose one for your backyard to help in the energy crisis

Posted By Richard Huber

It may be interesting to note that serious local corruption regarding wind farms has surfaced in NY State. People should be on the alert everywhere. This may occur with solar panel farms as well. Beware of the companies selling it (and buying the pro[perty to build it). It seems that local politicians get first crack at selling property and services to the companies.