My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: joseph badal

September 30, 2003 04:03 PM Forum: Star Parties

chiefland Star Party

Posted By joseph badal

Chiefland's internet site www.c-av.com does not appear to be working. Is their a new address? Joe

June 22, 2005 07:56 PM Forum: Takahashi

Re: Half pier for EM-10?

Posted By joseph badal

I went through similar search for portable pier, Ended up using a very sturdy Questar CNC machined "tristand" and EM10/200 adapter.(also Requires a PreciseParts.com machined adapter to interface theses 2). Result is a very study, portable(legs fold upward 180Degrees),expensive alternative. The scope and camera pictured is about 25lbs. Joe

July 9, 2005 11:41 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

I didn't get so much as a Thank-You from my wife.

Posted By joseph badal

for spending the past couple of weeks decorating our new condo. Sure there's no room for furniture,- she's the one who said we cant go on spending like we do. I come up with a unique alternative, and BAM!- shot down! I spend to much on my hobby??!!! Well, Well she,s been knitting as a hobby for past 2 years! Any idea what yarn COST! Yeah, yeah, she just rolls her eyes. Sometimes she can be so un-grateful! My fellow astronomers, you be the judge. Joe

March 31, 2006 03:17 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Pleiades occultation April 1st

Posted By joseph badal

I am going to attempt to photograph this event from south florida, weather permitting, tomorrow evening. I would like some recommendations as to I might best accomplish this with my given equiptment:

Traveler or Miniborg 50, STL4020, astrodon LRGB filters

1) What exposure time? 2) Which filters? 3) Is it possible to show pleiades nebulosity without total lunar blur-out-maybe via mosaic? 4)Traveler or Miniborg?
5) Any other issues I have not mentioned?

Down here the occultation gets started around 6:30 am EST. I appreciate any help or references. Thanks, Joe

September 16, 2006 02:37 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Am I being paranoid?

Posted By joseph badal

I was recently approached by an individual from Canada concerning an Amart ad I ran for an expensive Tak mount 6 months or so ago.He is a new member with no Amart transactions. He agreed on a price and had me forward wiring instructions. He stated his bank needed my home address and specific address of the bank. Soon after,stated he would overnight a certified check, which I recieved last night. It was for an amount above agreed price( by $40-dont quite know why). I can not deposite check until monday.Not sure how long it takes for funds to actually clear. I am flying out on vacation tomorrow and returning thursday. I have talked to him on his cell and at home. He seems pleasant enough, though not very knowledgable regarding the equiptment he is purchasing.Does anyone know if there has been problems with fraudulent M.O.s or Certified Checks? Any suggestions on how I should proceed? Thanks in advance. Joe

October 15, 2006 08:46 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Home Observatory for Sale.Will go Fast!

Posted By joseph badal

This listing was sent to me by a broker(Christies). After a lot of thought, I passed on it- too much of a 'Fixer Upper'. I have no personal vested interest. Joe

January 4, 2007 09:01 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

1600+ PFERDESTARKE!

Posted By joseph badal

Well, 1600 HP between this Teutonic Trio.(2007 911 turbo-505hp/2007 Cayenne Turbo S- 520hp/2005CL65-620hp). Joe

April 23, 2007 10:09 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: AP160 -- Painted or Powdercoated?

Posted By joseph badal

I have a 160 and 155. They look the same finish-wise. How do I tell one from the other, so I can let you know for sure? Joe

February 12, 2009 07:04 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

AP3600 Portable

Posted By joseph badal

Not something I would do on regular basis, but I was able to get the RA/Dec. housing up on the tripod by myself. (Hoping to transport to WSP). Just finished assembling. Since it has no polar scope, tonight tried learning some drift align techniques(thus the small Tak 60C). Joe

December 22, 2009 11:13 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Re: Cure for Global Warming found!

Posted By joseph badal

Thousands Gathered outside Rockford, Ill., to protest global warming- near Astro-physics headquarters! Joe