My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dwight Bogan

September 9, 2004 05:36 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Mainstream press may again be unreliable

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I don't know if you understand this or not but the press in this country is owned by the Republicans and Yes there is a problem with George Bush's military records this was brought out 4 years ago this is old news. Don't tell me you have just heard about this.

DLB

September 28, 2004 09:14 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: 600EGTO Auction

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Well Steve you really don't have to, I would suggest that you wait. After the AP expansion is complete AP is suppoesed to soon roll out there new mount that replaces the 400 and 600 goto

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

November 8, 2004 07:17 AM Forum: Politics

Iragi Blood

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Hey guys the next time you fill up your vehicle. Don't think if it as gasoline. Think of it as Iraqi Blood! In remembrance for all the innocents that have needlessly died for George Bush's war for Oil

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

November 9, 2004 08:04 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Y'all are Killing Me!!!

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Jobs will be almost non-existant. I can tell you that my company has already in the great plans book to continue sending more assembly work to Mexico. A lot of our engineering is done Singapore we are also expanding our factories in China and more software engineering is being done in India. In the next 5 years just in the Phx Ariz area alone my company is plans to eliminate 3000 good paying jobs. Outsourcing of American jobs has not even begun. By 2015 something like 15 million new jobs will be created by American corporations for export. Sure there will be jobs. You have Wal-mart, Target, Kmart. If you into home improvement there is Home Depot when I lose my engineering job I plan to relocate to Home Depot some of my coworkers who have already been displaced are working there and loving it. Of course they are only getting a third of what they made when they were working at my facility. Hey Outsourcing is good for America President Bush even say's so. So as a good little GOP American you have no reason to doubt the preisident. Oh, he is such a great little puppet for the Fat Cats in this country.

DLB

June 20, 2005 04:23 PM Forum: Politics

Here is a new link I found dubyaspeak

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Go to this link this one will put you under the table laughing so hard. Our President the great communicator

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/

On the same page you will find another link that is probably more serious and represents a real threat to freedom in this country.

http://www.workingforchange.com/activism/action.cfm?itemid=18997

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

June 24, 2005 04:07 PM Forum: Politics

A world Ruled by Elites

Posted By Dwight Bogan

While waiting on Engineering to decide on what to do with the Data I collected this afternoon I went and did some googaling heres an interesting page I found

Prison Planet is a Global Gulag

The Global Gulag is the inevitable result from the design for a world - ruled by Elites - that lust for total domination and control. Let no one be mistaken, for no one can escape. The enemy of humanity has planned long and manipulated well. Their scheme for earthly society has the individual reduced to a slave on a plantation of global proportions. Their New World Order is no longer the butt of jokes or conspiracy ridicule. It is FACT! It exists and even the sheeple are coming to the realization that they are mere captives in a sick game of a universal realm.

REALITY can't be refuted with lies or denied with delusion. America has lost her last remnants of a Constitutional Republic. The Bill of Rights is in shambles. Coercion and force is the order of the day. Law has been discarded for contrived equity. Elites rule with impunity and are no longer accountable. The actuality of the NWO is paraded as the only order. Those who resist its reach are targets of its wrath and vengeance. Freedom fighters will be labeled terrorists. Ordinary citizens will be called criminals. And anyone who seeks to restore the principles of the 1776 Revolution will be hunted down as an “Enemy of the State”.

Here is the rest of the link

http://batr.org/gulag/index.html

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

June 24, 2005 04:09 PM Forum: Politics

Here is John Kerry's response to Karl Rove

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Here is a letter a coworker of mine recieved in the last few hours. Oh Democrats are such sore losers

Just hours after learning about an outrageous speech delivered by Karl Rove, President Bush's most senior advisor, I went to the Senate floor -- and I spoke from my heart. I want to share those words with you -- not as a Democrat or Republican, not as a liberal or conservative -- but as an American.

I've attached part of my speech to the end of this email. But, before you read what I said, look again at what Karl Rove said:

(P)erhaps the most important difference between conservatives and liberals can be found in the area of national security. Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.

I hope you will join me right now in signing an open letter to the President urging him to thoroughly reject Karl Rove's purposeful attack on the patriotism of those who dare ask the tough questions that best protect American troops. Sign our open letter to President Bush now:

http://www.johnkerry.com/petition/rove.php

This isn't the first time that Karl Rove and other White House officials have sought to divide America in ways that make it harder to keep our country safe and our democracy strong. But, it should be the last. That's why I ended my speech with a call on President Bush to fire Karl Rove. It is the only way the President can make it clear that he rejects Rove's effort to distort one of the most unified and patriotic moments in American history into a cheap, divisive, political applause line.

That, of course, is what is most outrageous about Karl Rove's claim that President Bush's political opponents offered "therapy and understanding for our attackers." It isn't true. In the days after 9/11, there were no Democrats, no Republicans. We were all Americans, standing together. President Bush acknowledged that unity in a clear and compelling way at the time.

Now, Karl Rove is purposely twisting those days of unity in order to divide us for political gain. I hope you will act right now to join a growing chorus of Americans calling on the President to fire Karl Rove.

http://www.johnkerry.com/petition/rove.php

Please act right now. Sign our open letter to the President and pass it on to others. All Americans have to speak with one powerful voice in response to this outrage. I will continue speaking out and I know I can count on you to stand with me.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make America Safe, Not Divided
Excerpts of remarks by Senator John Kerry on the Senate floor on Thursday, June 23.

"None of us here will ever forget the hours after September 11... and the remarkable response of the American people as we came together as one to answer the attack on our homeland.... t brought out the best of all of us in America.

That spirit of our country should never be reduced to a cheap, divisive political applause line from anyone who speaks for the President of the United States.

I am proud, as my colleagues on this side are, that after September 11, all of the people of this country rallied to President Bush's call for unity to meet the danger. There were no Democrats, there were no Republicans, there were only Americans. That is why it is really hard to believe that last night in New York... the most senior adviser to the President of the United States [was] purposely twisting those days of unity in order to divide us for political gain.

Rather than focusing attention on Osama bin Laden and finding him or rather than focusing attention on just smashing al-Qaida and uniting our effort, as we have been, he is, instead, challenging the patriotism of every American who is every bit as committed to fighting terror as is he.

Just days after 9/11, the Senate voted 98 to nothing, and the House voted 420 to 1, to authorize President Bush to use all necessary and appropriate force against terror. And after the bipartisan vote, President Bush said: "I'm gratified that the Congress has united so powerfully by taking this action. It sends a clear message. Our people are together and we will prevail."

That is not the message that was sent by Karl Rove in New York City last night. Last night, he said: "No more needs to be said about" their "motives."

I think a lot more needs to be said about Karl Rove's motives because they are not the people's motives... They are not the motives of a nation that found unity in that critical moment--Democrat and Republican alike, all of us as Americans.

If the President really believes his own words, if those words have meaning, he should at the very least expect a public apology from Karl Rove. And frankly, he ought to fire him. If the President of the United States knows the meaning of those words, then he ought to listen to the plea of Kristen Breitweiser, who lost her husband when the Twin Towers came crashing down. She said: "If you are going to use 9/11, use it to make this nation safer than it was on 9/11."

Karl Rove doesn't owe me an apology and he doesn't owe Democrats an apology. He owes the country an apology. He owes Kristen Breitweiser and a lot of people like her, those families, an apology. He owes an apology to every one of those families who paid the ultimate price on 9/11 and expect their government to be doing all possible to keep the unity of their country and to fight an effective war on terror.

The fact is, millions of Americans...are asking Washington for honesty, for results, and for leadership--not for political division. Before Karl Rove delivers another political assault, he ought to stop and think about those families and the unity of 9/11.

DLB

June 25, 2005 10:09 AM Forum: Politics

Enron and Bush what American TV won't tell you

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Here are the sordid details of Ken Lay and George Bush. Bet you money Ken Lay and his cohorts get off with a pardon grin

Republicans have the little common peoples best interest's at heart

Link in and Read on

http://reports.news4u.alturl.com/clintonterra.htm

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

June 25, 2005 10:12 AM Forum: Politics

Here is a link to straigten out the Clinton recor

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Since I have read several post on several different threads saying the President Clinton did nothing after Terrorists attacks here is the chart and the truth. And folks all of this was in the news during those years

Here's the link. Read on

http://reports.news4u.alturl.com/clintonterra.htm

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

June 25, 2005 10:15 AM Forum: Politics

Here is a bit of history concerning the 1996 Clint

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Republicans Watered Down 1996 Clinton
Anti-Terrorism Bill, Thanks to Lott & Hatch

10-16-01, Since all the republicans want to blame clinton for all the worlds problems these articles should open some eyes. I wonder why the mainstream media or O'Reilly or Rush or FOX news never mention these facts when they blame Clinton for everything ?

7-30-1996, WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton urged Congress Tuesday to act swiftly in developing anti-terrorism legislation before its August recess.

"We need to keep this country together right now. We need to focus on this terrorism issue," Clinton said during a White House news conference.

But while the president pushed for quick legislation, Republican lawmakers hardened their stance against some of the proposed anti-terrorism measures.

Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, doubted that the Senate would rush to action before they recess this weekend. The Senate needs to study all the options, he said, and trying to get it done in the next three days would be tough.

One key GOP senator was more critical, calling a proposed study of chemical markers in explosives "a phony issue."

Taggants value disputed

Clinton said he knew there was Republican opposition to his proposal on explosive taggants, but it should not be allowed to block the provisions on which both parties agree.

"What I urge them to do is to be explicit about their disagreement, but don't let it overcome the areas of agreement," he said.

The president emphasized coming to terms on specific areas of disagreement would help move the legislation along. The president stressed it's important to get the legislation out before the weekend's recess, especially following the bombing of Centennial Olympic Park and the crash of TWA Flight 800.

"The most important thing right now is that they get the best, strongest bill they can out -- that they give us as much help as they can," he said.

Hatch blasts 'phony' issues

Republican leaders earlier met with White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta for about an hour in response to the president's call for "the very best ideas" for fighting terrorism.

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, emerged from the meeting and said, "These are very controversial provisions that the White House wants. Some they're not going to get."

Hatch called Clinton's proposed study of taggants -- chemical markers in explosives that could help track terrorists -- "a phony issue."

"If they want to, they can study the thing" already, Hatch asserted. He also said he had some problems with the president's proposals to expand wiretapping.

Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle, D-South Dakota, said it is a mistake if Congress leaves town without addressing anti-terrorism legislation. Daschle is expected to hold a special meeting on the matter Wednesday with Congressional leaders.

April 16, 1996, WASHINGTON (CNN) -- By Friday, the first anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, Congress is expected to pass an anti- terrorism bill which addresses some, though not all, of the concerns the bombing raised over Americans' safety.

Congressional leaders, flanked by survivors and relatives of victims of the Oklahoma City bombing, unveiled compromise legislation Monday to increase federal powers to fight terrorism and limit appeals by death-row inmates.

As the trial nears for the accused, those who lost relatives in the bombing say the proposed law should put the concerns of victims above those of terrorists.

"We have forgotten that anyone who murdered has relinquished rights for compassion," said Diane Leonard, the widow of a Secret Service agent killed in the bombing.

Only one element of the anti-terrorism bill has a potential effect on the Oklahoma City case. It would limit the number and duration of appeals a convicted death row inmate could file.

President Clinton has expressed concern over the death penalty provision, but Senate Judiciary Chairman Orrin Hatch, R-Utah said he had spoken with the president about the provision, and feels confident his objection is not strong enough to elicit a veto.

Hatch said the compromise bill would prevent international terrorist organizations from raising money in the United States and provide for the swift deportation of international terrorists.

The demand for an anti-terrorism bill precedes Oklahoma City and was shaped by the attacks on Pan Am flight 103 which exploded over Lockerbie, Scotland and the bombing of the World Trade Center.

The bill, which would cost $1 billion over four years, also calls for "tagging" plastic explosives to better trace them. The bill calls for a study on tagging methods for other explosives such as fertilizer and black powder. Critics say the study provision is a concession to groups opposed to restrictions on explosive materials.

The Republicans also dropped the additional wire-tap authority the Clinton administration wanted. U.S. Attorney general Janet Reno had asked for "multi-point" tapping of suspected terrorists, who may be using advanced technology to outpace authorities.

Rep. Charles Schumer, D-New York, said technology is giving criminals an advantage. "What the terrorists do is they take one cellular phone, use the number for a few days, throw it out and use a different phone with a different number," he said. "All we are saying is tap the person, not the phone number."

Still, Schumer said the bill is "better than nothing" and should get some Democratic votes.

President Clinton asked Congress to give him the anti- terrorism bill by the first anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing on April 19. And he'll get it. While it might not be all the president wants, administration officials indicate it's a bill he can sign.

Congress Passes Anti-Terrorism Bill

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Congress on Thursday passed a compromise bill boosting the ability of law enforcement authorities to fight domestic terrorism, just one day before the first anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.

The House voted, 293-133, to send the anti-terrorism bill to President Clinton, who has indicated that he will sign it after he returns from his overseas trip next week.

------------------------------------------------------

The measure, which the Senate passed overwhelmingly Wednesday evening, is a watered-down version of the White House's proposal. The Clinton administration has been critical of the bill, calling it too weak.

Note: The senate was controlled by the republicans in 1996. Trent Lott was the majority leader.

------------------------------------------------------

The original House bill, passed last month, had deleted many of the Senate's anti-terrorism provisions because of lawmakers' concerns about increasing federal law enforcement powers. Some of those provisions were restored in the compromise bill.

The bill imposes limits on federal appeals by death row inmates and other prisoners and makes the death penalty available in some international terrorism cases and in cases where a federal employee is killed on duty.

The bill "has some very effective tools that we can use in our efforts to combat terrorism," Attorney General Janet Reno said Thursday.

But she was less enthusiastic about the bill's limits on federal appeals by death row inmates and other prisoners. She was also concerned that the bill would make it more difficult for federal judges to overturn state court rulings.

Republicans were divided on whether the legislation would be effective.

"We have a measure that will give us a strong upper hand in the battle to prevent and punish domestic and international terrorism," Senate Majority Leader and presumptive GOP presidential nominee Bob Dole said Wednesday.

But Sen. Don Nickles, R-Oklahoma, while praising the bill, said the country remains "very open" to terrorism. "Will it stop any acts of terrorism, domestic and international? No," he said, adding, "We don't want a police state."

Some lawmakers took a more prudent view of the bill. "The balance between public safety and order and individual rights is always a difficult dilemma in a free society," said Rep. Gerald Solomon, R-New York.

Congressional leaders had initially promised to complete the bill six weeks after the Oklahoma City federal building bombing that killed 168 people last April 19.

Congress reached compromise on anti-terrorism bill.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan