My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dwight Bogan

April 10, 2015 05:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Orion Parsec 8300C or Nikon D5300?

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I don't believe the Orion Parsec is still avalible. However your Nikon 5300 would be a good choice. I have the Nikon 5100 and 5200 that I use for Terrestrial photography and I use them occasionaly for Astro Photography both cameras are unmodified and they still do quite nicely you might consider not modifying your new Nikon. Also the 810 while pricey would be the ticket. I have three modified Canon cameras I use for AstroPhotography as well. A conon XTI, a 60D and a 6D all modified by Hutech. So its your choice.

Dwight

November 16, 2015 09:59 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

C14 broken corrector.

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I would ship the entire scope as is to Celestron. You do realize that the entire optics set will more than likely have to replaced. The corrector is matched to the primary. If this is not an HD you might consider upgrading to the HD optics.

Dwight

January 22, 2016 04:59 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Auto Guiding with AP 600E

Posted By Dwight Bogan

The guider port on your AP hand control is an ST4 port and you can use your guider and PHD software to guide. Make sure your switch on the hand control is on x1 for guiding. I use a similar unit on my 400 QMD and I have had two different 600 QMD mounts in the past. These mounts work great.

Dwight

May 10, 2016 07:54 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Star Wars

Posted By Dwight Bogan

This goes back to the Star Wars a new Hope that was run in 1977. At that time they the writers made a mistake confusing distance with time. This was caught by a lot of people at the time including myself. However someone using General Relativity pointed out near light speed spacetime is severely distorted and in hyperspace in 4 dimensions space and time can be turned inside out and swapped. Hence making the kessel run in 12 parsecs could very well be a true statement from a certain point of view. At any rate its such cute flub JJ Abrams kept it in the script for The Force Awakens. Earlier in the show Rey makes a statement a bit earlier when she hears the name "Luke Skywalker" and Rey mutters to herself "I thought he was a myth"!

June 1, 2004 05:55 AM Forum: Polls

Best President Since WWII BEGAN

Posted By Dwight Bogan

The seeds that brought down the Soviet Union were laid down decades before Ronnie Reagan came to power I remeber reading predictions by Socialogists and historians that the Soviet Union would not see the year 2005 that was in 1973 when I really started paying attention to what sustains an empire like the Soviets. Now the USA is teetering on the dawn of Empire and it will fall too if we allow special interests and big business along with the Releigous wrong to continue dictating what America should be about. At the present it is the Republican Party that is the biggest threat to our democracy look at the people who are leading it. The Republican party only represents the corporations and to hell with the workers and there rights. It was Enron who put George Bush into office. Think again if you believe that the power brokers in this country have very little to say. They are the puppet masters in this USA. Give these people time in about another 20 years or so if the American people don't wake up democracy will die. Then the American people will be prisoners of the special interests and the corporations and free speech will be a thing of the past.

My take on who was the best President since the end of WWII was JFK he was a president that showed the American people that we could become more than we were then and was a source of inspiration for the country. After Jack was murdered in Dallas the whole country seemed to go to hell in a hand basket. There has never been a president since that had the inspiration that JFK conveyed to the American people.

BTW for those who not around in the sixties Ronnie Reagan was never considered a serious contender for the white house. People thought of him as a joke. Oh well that is Californa if you know what I mean. People back then would have thought you nuts to mention that Reagan would be considered one of our greatest presidents.

No two would be FDR who saved the country from the excess of the rich and the JFK who gave us inspiration.

The worst president in my mind was Nixon and if Nixon had won in 1960 I firmly believe non of us would be alive today. I don't beleive the Russians would have backed down during the Cuban missle crises after all they did have the upperhand in 1962 we only had the illusion it was not until the Titan II and the Minuteman missle system in the late sixties that allowed the US to have parity with the soviets.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

June 2, 2004 10:14 PM Forum: Polls

Osama Bin Laden would vote for..(if he could)

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I don't think its disgracelful at all. George Bush is the best thing that ever
happened to Al Quida. So far Ole Georgee boy and his cohorts has done everything
that Osama has predicted including invading an Oil producing coutry. In the mean time
he has won over more supporters so he is not hurting one way or the other. If Osama
is captured or killed there are 1000 and 1 who would take his place. This Oil war securing
Oil for the US market has backfired in out faces, now its gonna be time to pay for it.
As far as the war on terror is concerned that is a moot point. Because the Republicans
will do to this country what a whole country full of terrorists would be unable to do
and to accomplish. Osama knew full will what he was doing all he and his group did
was act as a catalist and the Republicans will do the rest.

DLB