My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Brannon

March 2, 2003 12:15 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

My Backyard

Posted By Michael Brannon

Here are a few pics I took of the local (St. Petersburg, FL) wildlife. These were taken with my Olympus C3020 zoom. I am about to get an adapter to use this camera on my Orion Starmax 127 to take some longer distance photos. Let me know what you guys think.
Mike

March 2, 2003 12:16 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

March 2, 2003 12:16 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

March 2, 2003 12:17 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

March 2, 2003 12:18 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

March 2, 2003 12:19 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

March 2, 2003 12:20 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

March 10, 2003 07:21 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Orion 120ST advice

I'm considering buying an Orion 120ST as a rich field, grab and go scope. I was wondering if anyone out there owns one, or has experience with one. I would like to know how it handles magnification. I was looking in their catalog, and in one place they say that it's highest theoretical magnification is 203x, and in another place it says 283x. Would it handle anywhere near that without image breakdown? If you have any experience with this scope, please drop me a line and let me know.
Thanks guys,
Mike

March 10, 2003 07:22 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion 120ST advice

I'm considering buying an Orion 120ST as a rich field, grab and go scope. I was wondering if anyone out there owns one, or has experience with one. I would like to know how it handles magnification. I was looking in their catalog, and in one place they say that it's highest theoretical magnification is 203x, and in another place it says 283x. Would it handle anywhere near that without image breakdown? If you have any experience with this scope, please drop me a line and let me know.
Thanks guys,
Mike

March 24, 2003 05:20 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Pictures

Here are a few new pictures.