My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Lancaster

January 17, 2006 06:04 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Opinion, anyone?

Posted By Mark Lancaster

I've responded to several "for sale" ads over the past year, to which I have never received any reply even after a follow-up email or two. Classified #400585 is one recent example.

Why would anyone post an ad, and then never respond? Why not mark the item sold, if indeed it was sold, or delete the ad entirely so as to not be bothered by all those pesky emails?

Sorry, it's been cloudy for days, so I guess I'm grumpy....

Mark

August 13, 2006 04:26 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Astro Solutions LLC??

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Anyone know what the deal is with the Astro Solutions LLC link on the Sponsor's page? I click on it once in a blue moon to see if it works (yes, I need a life wink )

Clicking on the link results in a user name and password dialog box that has to be filled in before you are allowed on the site.

Do they ever wonder why they don't get any business...?

November 22, 2008 09:02 PM Forum: LUNATICS

LunarPhasePro

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Does anyone know if Gary of LunarPhasePro fame is still active? His web site is still up and running, but he's not answering his email. I sent a few requests for technical support, with the last one sent on 11/6.

I need to transfer my copy of LunarPhasePro to a new computer, which is why I'm trying to get in touch with Gary.

Thanks,

Mark

January 17, 2010 09:22 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Hubble Optics Anyone?

Posted By Mark Lancaster

About two years ago on this forum there was a thread about Hubble Optics mirrors. There didn't seem to be very many people with hands-on experience with this supplier at the time.

Has anyone bought one of these mirrors since then? I would like to know of your experience with the optical quality, particularly if you have some hard data.

Thanks,
Mark

March 14, 2010 08:43 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Strange Occurrence with Classifieds

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Had something strange happen today on Astromart. I twice responded to the seller's ad for this classified:

http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=674239

I never heard from him, and when I checked my "unused ratings," he was nowhere to be found, as if I had never attempted to contact him. I just used the mail system to see if I get a response, although it's too late now, since the camera has been sold.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

Cheers,
Mark

May 11, 2012 05:45 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Astromart Ad Notification Errors

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Does anyone receive the following error message on some of the classifieds email notifications?:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www..astromart.com
Suggestions:
Go to www.­astromart.­com
Search on Google:

The most recent ad this occurred with was Ad #777269. It's only a small number of ads resulting in the error when the link within the message was clicked. Maybe 1 out of 20, perhaps. This has been happening to me since the servers were moved.

Thanks,
Mark

August 3, 2009 09:59 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Re: Deminishing ratings

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Well, that clears that mystery up! I have wondered for some time now why my ratings were decreasing, in spite of ratings added for recent transactions.

March 15, 2010 02:45 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Strange Occurrence with Classifieds

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Hi Rick,

Sometimes I check the box, but most of the time I do not. I will from here on out, though!

Mark

Scott Satko said:

Mark, did you check the box that says "send me a copy of this message for my records"? If so, did you get a copy of the message? I always check that box, thinking that if for some reason the message didn't get sent (for example, due to an electronic glitch in the system), that I wouldn't get a copy of it either.

October 5, 2010 08:25 PM Forum: Polls

November 5, 2010 07:15 PM Forum: Polls

Mr. Obama Agrees To Renew Bush Tax Cuts

Posted By Mark Lancaster

Excellent points, but you're using logic, which is verboten amongst the progressives... :S

steve hoff said:

Further, why do so many always want us to be like every other country?? I've been taught that progressives love diversity, so why do you guys always want everything to be the same?? Shouldn't we embrace the diversity in the world that the U.S. provides??