Posts Made By: Jeffrey Counsil

September 7, 2010 09:54 AM Forum: Polls

Labor Day

Posted By Jeffrey Counsil

Should be another choice. 8O

September 15, 2010 03:18 PM Forum: Polls

The best Gov't solution to the slow economy

Easy... If the government reduces taxes for small businesses, and stops spending and putting us further into debt, then investors will begin to invest more and create more cash flow and more employment. Not to mention confidence in the market that will spur stocks and such. Depending on what you call "short term" would be the difference. Within a few months the economy will get a boost. Shoot, it takes the govt. that long to debate whether or not to hand out welfare checks anyways. But they don't even do that much. Instead they give their "friends'" corporations money that just mainly goes into someone's pocket and is wasted on really short term "help".

Brian Richardson said:

Spend less/ tax less tell me how that would work for the economic short term? I do not understand. I can understand how that philosophy would work long term... gray on how it could generate trillions in the short term. :S

September 21, 2010 01:39 AM Forum: Polls

My next computer is going to be --

My choice anyways. ;-)

September 22, 2010 10:11 AM Forum: Polls

My next computer is going to be --

Mainly because there are NO virii to worry about. Heck, there is no need for a virus scanner in Linux. I can do everything I want except run the "better" astro software. That, and the OS is FREE! My laptop boots up in only a few seconds from a cold start, and shuts down just as fast. No need to defrag either so it keeps running smooth. wink

Michael Scherman said:

Windows 7 is wonderful, especially the 64 bit version. Honestly, I do not see the appeal at all of using Linux as a daily user OS.

November 6, 2010 12:57 PM Forum: Polls

Mr. Obama Agrees To Renew Bush Tax Cuts

Norm, you do know all you have to do is turn the channel. wink

Obamacare is not about reducing the deficit. It is about government control and redistribution of wealth. That is by their own words too.. The "health care" portion is just a tiny part, and a smokescreen. Evidence has already surfaced by the private insurers having to raise their policy rates. Even the AARP, who supported the bill, has announced even they too have to take more money from the elderly because of it.

There was a lot of opposition to the Bush Medicare part B legislation as well. But it at least was not an attempt to take over control and put private insurers out of business.

Just try and find a doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare. They are few and far between and are going to be even fewer since Obamacare again reduces the compensation for their services. If it was really about health care, then why are they pulling the plug on the elderly?

Norm Peer said:

Nice civil discussion expept for Mike's first post.
I have to say I HATE these political discussions on my hobby websites though. I have hobbies to get away from the small minded, cruel, and devisive bickering that is so prevalent on the rest of the web. Astromart...knock it off!
Before I go, I'm going to stir the pot though (you started it A-mart). I thought the Healthcare bill was supposed to lower the deficit within 10 years, so I suppose the objection to this is NOT related to government spending. Also, why so little objection to Bush passing the medicare B prescription bill, which is actually more expensive than Obamacare?

November 6, 2010 01:04 PM Forum: Polls

That's because the government (including State/local governments) also raised and/or created other taxes and added more hand-tying, business stifling regulations. What was given with one hand, was taken with the other two-fold.

Luca Grella said:

<>
That is quite a naive statement considering that tax cuts have been in place for the
last 10 years and that obviously did not happen.

November 6, 2010 01:05 PM Forum: Polls

Cold hard cash for those at the top of the pyramid. wink

Karl Zimmerman said:

Your statement seems like a non-sequitur...what is the referent, the efficacy of tax reductions, the cost of government run healthcare, the 'science' behind the anthropogenic global warming hoax? wink

November 6, 2010 12:39 PM Forum: Polls

LOL! The world is diverse and the U.S. is different than the rest of the world. Just as France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden, etc all once were. They all sported their own unique languages and cultures that made them all a pleasure to visit in their own way. Even the different countries within the Middle East are diverse. So why do all those "progressives" want to be like them? The answer is simple, they DO NOT! They only want the "sheep" to be like that and "play nice together" while those in power have their freedoms to roam about with the riches they take from the sheep.

Mark Lancaster said:

Excellent points, but you're using logic, which is verboten amongst the progressives... :S

steve hoff said:

Further, why do so many always want us to be like every other country?? I've been taught that progressives love diversity, so why do you guys always want everything to be the same?? Shouldn't we embrace the diversity in the world that the U.S. provides??

November 30, 2010 02:28 AM Forum: Polls

I prefer

Give me Elmer Fudd and the Roadrunner any day!

Norm Peer said:

Thanks for making me feel young. I thought I was old prefering The Simpsons. I do enjoy South Park as well. But Bugs Bunny? Don't tell me it's the humor, he ain't that funny. Next you'll be saying how hot Betty Grable is.

December 17, 2010 01:04 PM Forum: Polls

Astromart's Person/s of the Year is....

I'm waiting to see how many idolize someone trying to take down the U.S.... >sad

Guy Jordan said:

This is a strange poll. Are we feeling goofy or will the deep thoughts be revealed later?