Like her or not...

Posted By Jeffrey Counsil

It is one hell of a speech!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY1ReKPhYHI

March 7, 2015 01:41 PM Forum: Politics

Anyone want some Obamalaw?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/02/obama-unveils-national-obamalaw-plan/

Obama also instructed his media allies to help federalize policing, and to sideline the critics of centralized policing rules. “I expect our friends in the media to really focus on what’s in this report and pay attention to it,” he instructed.

March 9, 2015 11:49 AM Forum: Politics

Interesting...

http://www.westernjournalism.com/arab-commentators-back-netanyahu-speech-congress/#8LhQKdPJuiiI5QM4.97

The Saudi Daily Al-Jazirah published an article written by Dr. Ahmad Al-Faraj, who supported Netanyahu’s decision to speak to the U.S. Congress against the upcoming deal with Iran. He called Obama “one of the worst American presidents”

Hmmm.... shocked

March 9, 2015 11:24 PM Forum: Politics

Affordable Plumbing Act

http://conservativetribune.com/obama-call-a-plumber/ grin

July 15, 2015 01:19 AM Forum: Politics

Pro Choice; What it really means...

You decide..

http://blackcommunitynews.com/what-planned-parenthood-does-with-aborted-babies-might-shock-you-but-shouldnt/

November 9, 2003 09:06 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX200 gone crazy

>I plugged the power cord, turned the LX200 on and the RA axis started rotating. I let it rotate for a while, but it would not stop. I turnet it off and on again several times and it would do the same thing!<

I have one that does the same thing.. I tore it apart, removed the motherboard and checked for cold solder joints.. I couldn't see any so I just hit every joint just in case. But that didn't help.. So I left the bottom cover screws loose (except the 2 on the heatsink in the middle) and it worked perfect. When I tightened them it would run away every time. So it seems that excessive pressure from the cover causes the malfunction to surface. It doesn't happen to every unit, but it has affected quite a few. So my solution was to just leave the screws loose and enjoy the scope.. If it decides to quit someday, I'll just install my spare motherboard.. ;-)

September 28, 2008 03:21 PM Forum: Politics

Where is Palin?

At least she knows Roosevelt wasn't President and there wasn't TV back then.. LOL! Do you want to explain to me how "stupid" Palin is?
Hey, she's not "my gal", but Biden is an idiot! Ya can't deny that!

Jim Moscheck said:

Hmmm, haven't seen her and her stump speech lately. I suppose she's at an undisclosed location and cramming for the debate. Maybe this economic crisis will go on long enough to postpone her debate, too. Seems to me there's a press conference with her name on it if she'd only come out to play with the boys.

October 15, 2008 02:17 AM Forum: Politics

Corruption Courtesy of Bush Administration

I smell a motive..

"If Maxwell wins, the government would recieve about $40 million in additonal revenue and Maxwell would be entitled to about a third of that. "

But so far, there isn't any proof Bush was part of it. The remark "from the top" sounds like the person has an axe to grind, and no idea where any "orders" specifically came from. But of course everyone involved should pay dearly! No matter who it is.

Rod Kaufman said:

As if the financial fiasco isn't enough, Bush's buddies in big oil were having their own along with a Roman farce:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/14/oil.whistleblower/index.html
Thank you Mr Bush for restoring integrity in government...

November 5, 2008 07:57 PM Forum: Politics

Was this election more about the VP?

Sarah Palin was NOT the wrong choice. John McCain was the wrong choice in 2008. If Romney or someone else were the candidate, Sarah Palin would not have been chosen as VP.
I do believe that McCain and Palin would have made fine leaders *IF* it weren't for the current crop of the Republican party. In my eyes, half of them shouldn't even be in office. I also feel Barak Obama will be a fine leader. But he also carries the baggage of Pelosi & co. of the Democratic party. Also of which about half shouldn't be in office. But let's see what the "party" will do if/when Obama tries to do something *they* (Dems) don't like. After all, I think Obama can go against his own party, just like Palin has done, if they think it's the right choice for the country (or State in Palin's case).
Biden seems like a nice enough guy, although in badly need of history lessons.. To me, he is a lot more "scary" than Palin just for the sheer stupidity he has shown. I'm sure he's an educated man, but he sure didn't show it.

Jim Moscheck said:

When talking with the customers in my store this morning more than a few mentioned that the VP pick influenced who they voted for. Now, this IS Michigan, the economy sucks, and we are a blue state which does explain it somewhat, but it does agree with how I feel. I could have supported JM, but his choice of Caribou Barbie took him out of contention. There is no way I could take him seriously after this boneheaded move.

Anyone think the "Palin Effect" will make any difference in the outcome?

April 9, 2010 08:11 PM Forum: Politics

The shape of health care to come.

We are already demonized. If you are against Obamacare (Govt. monopoly), then you just want people to die.
"Glenn Beck is just a crazy radical"
"teabaggers are terrorists"
"republicans are stupid"
"Republicans are far right wing crazies"
Yes, these and more vile hatred has been spread. But it's the crazies on both sides spewing the garbage.
But if people opened their eyes, they would see the commie loons that were the most violent and anti-"the man" are now Obama's most frequent visitors, and advisors (and includes the top unions). They are spreading distain among the gullable "gimmie gimmies" to hate anyone opposed to them.
Now Obama wants to monopolize insurance (yes, a monopoly owned by "his" government) by mudslinging and using legislation to put them out of business. What other private businesses are next to be attacked and put under?

david elosser said:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304198004575171782805022028.html?mod=rss_Today's_Most_Popular

"This week it became impossible in Massachusetts for small businesses and individuals to buy health-care coverage after Governor Deval Patrick imposed price controls on premiums. Read on, because under ObamaCare this kind of political showdown will soon be coming to an insurance market near you."

"...Mr. Patrick now claims price controls are the sensible response to this ostensibly industry greed...

...Yet all of the major Massachusetts insurers are nonprofits."

Yep, it's gone this far. Liberals are now demonizing NON-PROFIT insurance companies, calling them "greedy," to run them out of business. How long before they start demonizing you???

David E