Posts Made By: Brad Cottingham

April 3, 2002 05:55 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Old Data Gone?

Posted By Brad Cottingham

Are all the old messages history, or are they still stored on a server that we might access to save some great discussion threads that have occured in the last couple of years.

April 3, 2002 06:02 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Viewing Preference

Is there anyway to set up preferences so only the initial message subject is shown, with the balance of the messages in the thread hidden until the initial message is opened? I forgot what the old preference name was called.

Thanks,

Brad

April 3, 2002 06:04 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Editing or Deleting a Post?

If the originator of a message is logged in, looks like it should be possible to edit or delete any message he/she originated.

April 4, 2002 10:47 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Love The CCD Imaging

Great Pictures over there! Wish my old eyes could see stuff this clearly.

Brad

April 4, 2002 10:58 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

How About Another Suggestion for the Forums

Herb,

If you're on page 3 of a forum, and then read a message, when you hit the "return to xxx forum), it takes you back to page 1 of that forum. Would be better if it could take you back from the page you were on. I realize you can hit "Back" on your browser to do it.

Brad

Hey, I just used the edit funcion after I noticed I mis-spelled a word. Spell checker?

April 6, 2002 05:38 AM Forum: Telescope Making

April 6, 2002 05:38 AM Forum: Telescope Making

April 6, 2002 05:42 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Ed Beck Mirrors

Could I have some comments about Ed Beck mirrors by those who might have personal info on them.

I'd heard they might be in the Zambuto catagory.

Is Ed still active? I've purchased one but won't take delivery for a couple of weeks.

Brad

April 7, 2002 07:09 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Ed Beck Mirrors

Didn't get a response over on the telescope making section, so I'll bring it up here.

Any info on the mirrors made by Ed Beck? I've heard good things, and am picking up a used one. Any info anyone can provide? Is Ed still making them?

Brad

April 11, 2002 05:02 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

The new Collapsed Thread Preference is Great

Thanks Herb and the WebGuys for implementing. The only thing lacking is the number of messages under each thread like the old system had. (Even gave the number of new messages under each thread.)

You can now have all messages on one page which can be handy to search using your browser search.

Example, if you were using the collaped thread feature and listed everything one one page, you could hit control F and do a search for "mirror" and locate each thread that had mirror in the subject.

Keeps getting better and better!

Brad