My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darrell Fichtl

July 29, 2004 09:02 PM Forum: Politics

Who's bailing out?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

From what I hear, if GWB gets the next four years that Colin Powell is bailing out. Too bad about that. He's the one shining light in that whole mess.

Why doesn't Rumsfield and Ashcroft do the same? Haven't they caused enough trouble as it is?

Let's see what can we expect from Ashcroft? The Super Patriot Act maybe. Any derogatory posts anywhere will land you in the slammer.

Rumsfield will be working on his secret plan to nuke Fallujah.

Oh, forgot about Cheney. He'll have Halliburton on the governing board of Iraq!

July 29, 2004 09:26 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Anybody using the small Robo-Dome?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

If you're using one of these I'd like to hear about it.

August 8, 2004 02:30 AM Forum: Politics

Bush/Cheney '04

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

That's okay with me.

Let's make sure we got someone else in 05, 06, 07 & 08.

I'd even vote for Jim Babcock, James Lacey or Jake Jacobson! At least they are literate, think on their feet, and seem to have more common sense then the one that's in there now.

How about that for a non-partisan response! grin

August 9, 2004 08:04 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Stem cell

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Jim:

There maybe some of that element involved no doubt, but I think the majority of individuals involved are there for pure research.

All this smoke screen about cloning is utter nonsense. I doubt if any one is going to bother as long as getting children the other way is so much fun!

The argument that a few cells constitute a human being is extrapolating the importance of protoplasm to the ridiculous.

August 9, 2004 08:06 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Kerry in trouble with anti-war supporters

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

As I've posted before Jim, I don't like either one.

August 10, 2004 04:28 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Kerry's dubious economics

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Jim:
8)

You might want to balance your viewpoint for awhile. Instead of listening to Rush you might try Al Franken.

I personally think both are screwballs, but it might settle you down somewhere in the middle. Right now I think your titter-totter is biased too heavily to the right.

I have to agree with Alex. Since we only have a two pick and we all know what number one is doing, why not vote for number two? It sure as the devil can't be any worse!

August 11, 2004 10:32 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Bush Says National Sales Tax Worth Considering

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Do you really feel that that ship will ever leave the dock?

In Oregon, everytime a sales tax was brought up by the governor, he was defeated in the next election.

You'd think, that by adopting that scheme we'd get rid of the income tax. Ha! Fat chance. We'd have both.

It's just another red herring in the political stew.

Bush says it's an interesting proposal. What a joke. Let's face it. You don't want, I don't want it and neither does anyone else. Here in Arizona with state, county and city sales tax we pay as high as 10%. Adding in the national sales tax you'd be up to 20-25%. Wow!

Who'd get to vote on the rate? I guaranty neither thee or me.

Consider your next new car. Sticker price $25,000. With National, State, County and Town sales tax possibly $31,250.

Darrell

August 11, 2004 04:25 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Bush Says National Sales Tax Worth Considering

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I think this merely goes to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that GWB went to the Peter Pan school of Economics!

A fair tax, hardly, but is there such a animal!

August 11, 2004 09:22 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Kerry in trouble with anti-war supporters

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Great gobs of goose grease. We STILL have 3 months till the election.

shocked YAWN

August 12, 2004 10:07 AM Forum: Politics

Not a hard call.

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I really get a hoot over some (please note italics) right wingers on these forums. grin

If they found that both King Herod and Pontius Pilate were Republicans they would say, "Well, they did the right thing!"