My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darrell Fichtl

August 12, 2004 10:17 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Group Runs Anti-Kerry Ads on Black Radio

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I can't beleive it. I'm agreeing with Jim Babcock for a change.

Jim you're right. From what I understand if Harry Thruman didn't use that tactic, he wouldn't have won.

All of which goes to prove, "All's fair in love and war."

Darrell

August 13, 2004 11:55 PM Forum: Politics

How do you like them apples!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Bush Overhauls U.S. Regulations
By JOEL BRINKLEY

Published: August 14, 2004

WASHINGTON, Aug. 13 - April 21 was an unusually violent day in Iraq; 68 people died in a car bombing in Basra, among them 23 children. As the news went from bad to worse, President Bush took a tough line, vowing to a group of journalists, "We're not going to cut and run while I'm in the Oval Office."

[COLOR="Red"]On the same day, deep within the turgid pages of the Federal Register, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration published a regulation that would forbid the public release of some data relating to unsafe motor vehicles, saying that publicizing the information would cause "substantial competitive harm" to manufacturers[/COLOR]

If you want to read the whole thing it's on

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/14/politics/14bush.html?ex=1093147200&en=ed3126016e86aa22&ei=5043&partner=EXCITE

"Substantial competitive harm!" What about my poor sorry rear end?

Darrell

August 14, 2004 01:04 PM Forum: Politics

Let's be totally honest!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Honestly now; would you invite Bush to dinner? How about Kerry?

Ha! Just as I thought! You wouldn't have either one of them in your house for dinner! Well, neither would I!

Darrell

August 16, 2004 06:57 AM Forum: Politics

Starting to sound like a police state to me!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Check this out
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/16/politics/campaign/16fbi.html?ex=1093320000&en=8d05f6a08f5e178c&ei=5043&partner=EXCITE

What do you think? Better not be about protesting!

Darrell

August 17, 2004 09:38 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Message I received

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Here we go again. Another tirade from the very far right bleachers!

Honestly Jim, I feel that you would think that Attila the Hun and Vlad Tepes were war hero's!

shocked Yawn!

Darrell

August 19, 2004 08:17 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Finding balance in a post 9/11 world

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Jim:

It just goes to illustrate a point that has often been made. Get the government involved with anything and it turns into multi-armed octopus quagmire.

As for any national security I feel that it is only a gigantic "show." Red, Orange, Yellow, hell what does it mean to anybody. I don't say it is totally hopeless but I could guarantee that if a corporation was running the show I'd feel a lot more safer.

Darrell

August 19, 2004 08:35 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Off with their head

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Why should we expect one Presidential candidate to better on this than the other?

Absolutely not. I doubt if either one could understand what was going on in the first place. Smiling for the camera yes, nuclear physics HA!

Darrell

August 22, 2004 10:32 AM Forum: Politics

Illegal foreign drugs? Check your samples

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Been to the doctor lately? Did you get any samples?

Well check the label!!!

Flonase - Allergy - Made in England!! shocked
Mobic - Arthritis - Made in Mexico!!! shocked

Well, how do you like them apples?

And we're not suppose to buy foreign drugs. Well, not unless the drug companies import them and get their cut!!!

August 24, 2004 06:57 PM Forum: Religion

Re: Third Belief System!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

YAWN shocked

You bet, it ran out of anything of interest long ago.

Darrell

August 26, 2004 06:44 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Kerry on c-span tonight

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Joe:

I suppose you'd also include in that judgment Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton. Hell, I thought the Vietnam War was a P of S. Does that make me a traitor also?

I just love those who classify people who dissent as traitors. Keep in mind that this nation was built on dissent. It's one of the prime liberties that we all have as long as we protect it. It's only when we let the bullies cowtow us will be loose that precious liberty.

Darrell