Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darrell Fichtl

September 29, 2004 08:48 AM Forum: Politics

If this isn't enough to make you vomit!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Check this out

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/28/debates.television/index.html

Read the whole story. Boy, do they want to make sure that NOTHING is a surprise; control, control, control - even down to who is in the audience!. Frankly the networks ought to tell them to go fish!

Darrell

September 29, 2004 05:20 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

The New Meade camera

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Anyone using the new Meade camera yet?

Darrell

September 30, 2004 08:19 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Meade's new camera

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I talked with Meade this afternoon about remoting the new camera.

Their response was that the USB signal was go for about 15'. Well kiss off any remoting unless I want to put a computer in the dome with the scope.

I've got 6 months before I'm ready to start so maybe something else will surface.

Darrell

October 2, 2004 10:15 AM Forum: Politics

What are we going to do?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Yesterday I saw a restored 55' Chev going down the highway. That's a fifty year old car! I would imagine by 2055 oil is going to be a thing of the past.

When runs out what's the government going to do about it? Just consider the ramifications, gasoline, electricity, plastics, natural gas and on and on. Any ideas?

Darrell

October 3, 2004 01:14 PM Forum: Politics

See what's really happening!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

sad I live in southern Arizona. I've been up to Kick Peak many times and do volunteer technical work at Whipple on Mt. Hopkins.

I would strongly advise any hsuB supporters to seek out one or more of the professional astronomers. Ask them how their governmental research funding is going! They'll tell you it's been absolutely gutted!

You'll also find that the Smithsonian, EPA, USGS has also had then same problems.

The idea of streamlining the whole process sometimes involves combining two agencies into a larger third and then giving the larger third a 10% increase to take care of the other two. That essentially cuts the funding by almost a third for all agencies.

And no, they won't say anything because they are afraid if they do it'll be cut further.

Don't take my word for it, poke around for yourself. Basic research, unless it's a Star Wars program, is going right down the tubes.

Or go up to Kitt peak yourself. Take a look at all the empty offices. Why are they empty; no money. When I was up there the last time I was in the solar telescope and it was down because one of the converters had crapped out and they had no spares why? You guessed it.

I'm not saying Kerry will do any better. What I'm saying is the current program isn't doing the job.

Darrell

October 3, 2004 01:58 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

What do you think?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

When the new Meade camera comes out do you think the other cameras are going to take a nose dive in price?

Darrell

October 4, 2004 09:49 AM Forum: Politics

This is turning into a kcirtaP refaeK Forum

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Shout the loudest and the most often and you'll just get ignored!

Darrell

October 7, 2004 05:20 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: overseas equipment like this available in US

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I'd stick with William's Optic. I received mine several months ago and zero complaints.

Darrell

October 8, 2004 08:13 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Bush is wired! he cheats in debates, conferenc

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Everybody knows that Nils!

He's wired right into the Cheney mouthpiece.

Darrell

October 8, 2004 03:36 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Let's see consistency

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Jim:

You keep making these excuses for hsuB.

Let's just change things a little.

husB is the CEO of a very large corporation, and you have 10,000 shares of the corporation. He has just spent millions to counter a non-existent challenge from a competitor and has sent the company into very deep debt.

Do you really feel that he should remain CEO?

Darrell