Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Andromeda Galaxy M31

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darrell Fichtl

April 2, 2006 09:18 AM Forum: Politics

Scary Foreigners in the News

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Lee;

I'll repeat what a good friend who spent many months in Iran while it was under the Shah:

"When you're talking to an Arab, you know he's lying. It's your job to find out what he's lying about!"

Pat wasn't joking when he told me this. Keep in mind that Pat wasn't the least bit, as far as I could determine, prejudiced against anyone or any race, just factual!

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 3, 2006 06:43 AM Forum: Politics

Re: ...and the survey says.

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Well, in the case, the exit polls may have been correct! Or do you recall "Landslide Lydon".

What the voter selected and what they got may have been two different things.

Not that it would have changed anything. It would still have ended up as a massive screwup anyway.

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 6, 2006 05:14 AM Forum: Politics

Went-Backs or Sent-Backs?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Sounds a lot like "original sin" to me.

I never thought much of the original sin concept anyway. It's just a way of putting the "screws" to those that are alive today to make them feel guilty.

Ahh, guilt, the gift that keeps on giving.

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 6, 2006 05:23 AM Forum: Politics

Have YOU had you arsenic today?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

The whole philosophy is that if it hurts business then it must be good for you or the effects of whatever it is really doesn't hurt you enough to force business to change one bit.

What the hell, a little mercury, cyanide, chlorine, PCB, global warming or whatever else can't hurt you that much.

If they do somehow cause any ill effects the pharmaceutical industry can sell you some pills to take care of the situation anyway.

Mmm-mmm-mmm Soylent Green is good for you!

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 7, 2006 10:19 AM Forum: Politics

Thought for the Day: 07.04.06.

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Either that or a massive welfare system that let's everyone have a slice of the good life.

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 9, 2006 10:19 AM Forum: Religion

Re: No Booze Before Noon on Sunday

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

The laws stay on the books because it's too expensive to go through the hoops to get them removed.

It's damn sure no politician is going to take on the challenge. That's a loose, loose situation. The moral majority (which isn't) would crucify him/her.

It's on the books and will stay until it gets someone with money gets mad enough to go after it. Only then will it be declared unconstitutional. Maybe the ACLU but I doubt it.

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 11, 2006 09:07 PM Forum: Politics

I'm going to Mexico

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

James:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 12, 2006 07:55 PM Forum: Politics

Rice: This Has Got To Stop!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Rod:

Let's face the real facts. You, I and the rest of the world hasn't the faintest idea of what's going on or what, if anything, is being planned.

It may just be a modified good guy/bad guy role playing.

Things will change in November. More than one state now is talking about impeachment!

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 15, 2006 10:53 AM Forum: Politics

The Autocratic League

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

It is corporate mindset gone mad....

Jess, you may have a good point. I worked for AT&T for 30 years. It does display some of the same characteristics now that you mention it.

Trying to get something done across one department to another required countless meetings with the department heads protecting there own "turf" to the Nth degree.

Most of the time very little got accomplished if it required one of the departments to sacrifice something or to spend additional time that would not directly benefit their department and make them look good.

The benefit to the "whole" didn't matter much, just what would it do for ME!

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

April 20, 2006 10:19 AM Forum: Politics

Bush Busting Employers

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Looks like someone forgot the bi-weekly or monthly "grease".

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]