Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darrell Fichtl

October 17, 2004 10:04 AM Forum: Politics

Requiem for a lightweight

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

The hsuB posts have really slowed down. I guess the righties feel he's on his way out.

Let's hope so. I'd even take Nader over hsuB!

Darrell

October 17, 2004 05:11 PM Forum: Politics

Razzle Dazzle

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I just saw "Chicago" again. The scene where Richard Gere sings "Give'em the old Razzle Dazzle," really hit home.

I realized......for the last four years......we've been given the old razzle dazzle by Bush and the Bushettes.

When I saw Gere singing in a loud clear voice, "Give'em the old Razzle Dazzle" I couldn't help think how true it was.

Darrell

October 18, 2004 08:52 PM Forum: Politics

hsuB vs. Science

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Be sure to read this article. >sad

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/19/science/19poli.html?ex=1098763200&en=3f4ab40be6a56da6&ei=5043&partner=EXCITE

I know quite a few professional astrophysicists and astronomers here in southern Arizona. In fact I hard dinner with a lot of then last Thursday. I invite you to ask ANY professional in the field about this article. I'm quite sure that they will totally agree with all of it.

Unless it's "STAR WARS" forget it. And of course we really need that now don't we?. Osama and his nuclear tipped bullistic missiles!!! (And no, I didn't misspell ballistic.)

Darrell

October 19, 2004 08:23 AM Forum: Politics

Wouldn't it be great.

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Wouldn't it be great if there was a candidate you could vote FOR.

It seems the last candidates I voted for were a long time ago. Barry Goldwater was one and John Kennedy the other.

Without exception all the other votes have been a vote against. The two most against were Lyndon Johnson, a total megalomaniac and Richard Nixon, suspicious of everyone.

Another problem is that when we found that we have a incompetent in the oval office, if it isn't his second term, we have to run him again. Now that's a crying shame! That's kind of like we're going to reelect you to see if you can do the job right! The only way we're able to break the merry go round is to convince the incumbent that he ain't a gonna make it. e.g Lyndon Johnson.

So who would I vote for this time if he/she were running. Colin Powell! He seems to have the most level head on his shoulders. The only problem I can see with him is that he's a career military man and that tends to direct the course of action, and that's the one that they are familiar with - WAR!

Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe there will be someone we can vote FOR.

Darrell

October 21, 2004 03:22 PM Forum: Politics

Osama in the Box.

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

And Here's Osama! And just in time for the election!

October 22, 2004 04:25 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Jesse endorse Kerry

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I don't think too much of Ventura but one thing that I'm sure of is that he's a no BS guy.

Tell me, have you ever known a navy seal or an army ranger? They are about the toughest, strong minded, totally focused, clear thinking people that you can run into.

As for the military voting for hsuB, I'd vote for him too so I could keep my job. Follow the money, again, Babcock!

Darrell

October 24, 2004 09:27 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Kerry lying about Social Security

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

And hsub doesn't tell lies? Come on Babcock, you're going the way of Keifer; irrational!! Leave yourself with some modicum of credibility.

As for SS, anybody that even hinted that they were going to dissolve, reduce or in some way negatively change the program would be out the window with the trash.

I know the Libertarian candidate says he'd do away with SS and let charity take care of the seniors, but he's and idiot and has less than a snowball chance of even getting 1/2% of the vote.

Darrell

October 24, 2004 10:25 AM Forum: Politics

Easy Question

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

What's the real reason we went to war in Iraq?

Darrell

October 24, 2004 02:24 PM Forum: Politics

Doesn't this just about say it all!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Doesn't this just say it all? What did he do with it after the "pick"?

October 26, 2004 08:16 AM Forum: Politics

ONE MORE WEEK

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Only one more week. Thank God. We'll either have Tweedle-Dum or Tweedle-Dee. Most of all it will be OVER!

P.S. Well maybe, we'll have Tweedle-Dum or Tweedle-Dee. The way the conflicts are shaping up we may not know till January.

Darrell