Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darrell Fichtl

October 26, 2004 01:17 PM Forum: Politics

Frontline Tonight

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I see that Frontline is letting hsuB off the hook. They are calling it Rumsfeld's war now.

I didn't know he had been promoted in the last few days. I thought hsuB was president. At least that's the post he's running for. If you got the name you should have the game.

Darrell

October 27, 2004 08:56 AM Forum: Politics

A right wing plant!!!

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Has anyone ever considered that PK might be a right wing plant? Considering the illogical postings that are so biased as to become ludicrous, it's almost impossible to believe anything else.

Darrell

October 28, 2004 07:25 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Political Commentators

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

You must have been listening to Larry King with Al Sharpton shooting off his mouth.

That's the way he always talks. He's an idiot. Anybody that has Sharpton rooting for them has a pain in the ass in his pocket.

Darrell

October 29, 2004 09:53 AM Forum: Politics

Future History

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Twenty or thirty years from now, after I'm long dead, our country will look back on this time as one of the saddest times in the American history.

Wasted lives, money and resources. Wasted time that could be spent on enriching our knowledge and making life better for all of us.

Many have said the the burning of the library in Alexandria by the Romans set us back 300-400 years. Had it not been for that we might well have had bases on the moon and Mars and be on our way to the stars. I wonder how far back the current situation is putting us. Twenty, thirty, fifty years, anybody want to guess?

Where could we have gone, and what knowledge could we have gained, with all the money and lives that are going right down the toilet?

Darrell

October 31, 2004 08:43 PM Forum: Religion

Re: Caring, regardless of religious following

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

I spend two days a week at Mt. Hopkins doing acceptance testing on the VERITAS mirrors. That includes check focal length and reflectivity on each 24" spherical octagonal mirror. There are 350 mirrors per scope and four gamma ray telescopes.

That's all volunteer work, no pay, and I have to drive 40 miles round trip.

Darrell

November 2, 2004 02:30 PM Forum: Politics

Re: exit poll results on Slate.com

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Jim:

Totally agree. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Darrell

November 8, 2004 02:23 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: I Guess I'm Being Insincere...

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Harold:

I can see your point and I was getting to feel much the same way. The Meade 10" 200GPS was a real bitch to get on the tripod. (I'm 72 and it's getting to be a chore) in addition I was tired of freezing may butt off, adjusting my glasses or removing them altogether or contouring myself to see Alberio.

I finally said "Screw it!"

I'm presently rearranging things to remote the whole mess into the den where I can sit in front of the monitor, just like the big guys do, and enjoy myself.

Within a few weeks it should be completed.

Darrell

November 16, 2004 09:19 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Do you remember?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Cream of Wheat is so good to eat that we have it everyday.
We sing this song, it'll make us strong, and it makes us shout hurray.
It's good for growing babies and grown ups too to eat.
For all the family breakfast you can't beat Cream of Wheat.

Remember the show?
Remember the years?

If you're under sixty you haven't got a clue!

Darrell

November 16, 2004 01:04 PM Forum: Politics

Replacement?

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Condy Rice replaces Colin Powell. Wow!

That's like replacing Norman Schwartzkof with Pee-Wee Herman.

The brilliance of fearless leader is astonishing.

Darrell

November 17, 2004 09:03 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Forum Rename

Posted By Darrell Fichtl

Herb: grin

Got a [SIZE="Small"]small [/SIZE]suggestion. Rename the Political Forum to The Unthinking, Blindly Following, Forum.

That cuts both ways (to the left and to the right) and shouldn't offend anyone.

But, Mon General, I would defend their right to say what they non-think to the death.

Darrell