New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Floyd Blue

March 21, 2012 02:47 AM Forum: Prayer Line

My Mother

Posted By Floyd Blue

Hi Brian,
Sorry to hear your mother has these problems, but my best wishes are with her. We each fight our demons and eventually, we lose our battle with them. Make the best of the moments you have left and make her remaining time the best possible and do not forget to tell her everything that you need to say. I wish I had thought of that with my own parents. smile

April 5, 2012 12:05 AM Forum: Prayer Line

My Mother

Posted By Floyd Blue

A simple hug or holding her hand, may be enough for her. Though outwardly she may seem not to see or understand, inside she may still be there.

david goldman said:

My mother is in a nursing home here in Orlando. Her mind is gone but she is still well physicaly at 88 years of age.
I cannot tell you how painfull it is not to be able to have any kind of normal dialog. The only conforting thought is that our moms are still with us until the Lord is ready to take her home when it's time.
Be strong in spirit my friend.

May 26, 2012 01:39 AM Forum: Prayer Line

I don't know how to address this.....

Posted By Floyd Blue

In times like these, there is little that makes you feel better. But, life is just one part of our journey, we are here but a short time. Though passing seems sad, it is not a terrible thing, but it troubles those left behind.
Take heart and realize that there are things that we can not change, we must just accept, but it is not easy to admit this.
Make the most of the days that you have, make your wife glad that you are there and let her know that you will be there for her, no matter what.
Let the last days be the best days and bring a smile and a kind word. Grant any wish that is your ability to grant. Do not dwell on the sadness but rather on the good times that you have shared.

November 30, 2004 09:23 PM Forum: Polls

I ......

Posted By Floyd Blue

:S
Wow, if only I could find places that would let me join for $1 a month. That is less than I pay for dues in our Astronomy club. And I don't really get a lot from the club for the money I spend either! shocked
This "IS" and Astronomy Club, whether you realize it or not. grin So what is so wrong with dues for member, if it is required to keep the club going?
Floyd

September 13, 2005 02:33 AM Forum: Polls

ATWB buying and selling used on AstroMart

Posted By Floyd Blue

I feel that it is ok to do this, but I do have concerns that Anacortes might corner the market on any good deals because you have the money to buy whether you need it or not just because it is a good price. The it is offered again at a higher price. If a member does this he is labeled a "Flipper" and is looked down upon by a lot of people. He would also be considered a dealer by Astromart for doing this, but you are a dealer so I guess that it is just business.
I think it is a good thing but might make people feel that they are not getting a chance at the good deals available here.

August 10, 2009 08:20 PM Forum: Polls

BEWAR OF ASTROMART AND HERB YORK

Posted By Floyd Blue

I for one am happy with the way it is now. It works, so why mess with it. If people do not like it, they just don't have to come here.
We all know there are two sides to any controversy, I would bet there is more to the story that is being said about the loss of an account.
grin