Image of the day

Captured by
Paul Walsh

Wet beak - he had just skimmed the neighbor's pond.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ken Fiscus

June 22, 2006 04:29 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Feed Us!!!

Posted By Ken Fiscus

Three baby sparrows living in our hedge. When my wife moved the branch screening them from view, they assumed it was a parent returning with some food.

July 4, 2006 04:56 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Hopefully just a "Yes" or "No" question...

Posted By Ken Fiscus

Will the 35 Panoptic work with my 10" f4.7 scope? I have the 2" focuser- I'm wondering about seeing the secondary. Thank you.
Ken

October 8, 2006 04:41 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

The new Orion Crawford upgrade

Posted By Ken Fiscus

I just got the latest catalog from Orion and noticed a $70 2" Crawford-style focuser to upgrade scopes like my XT10. I'd appreciate any reviews.

October 8, 2006 04:47 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

New Orion 2" Crawford Focuser Upgrade

Posted By Ken Fiscus

Please see & respond at equipment forum if you have seen, used, or bought one. Thank you.

August 30, 2008 02:16 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Looking for advice on high-powered rocketry...

Posted By Ken Fiscus

I ended up with a bunch of rocketry stuff that is way out of my league (gotten at an estate sale). I don't launch stuff larger than 'D' engines. I have rockets, engines, Aerotech fill kit, 42" diameter chutes, refillable engine kits, etc, etc.

Anybody out there in the Astromart world with advice, curiousity, unmet rocketry needs?
Ken

September 10, 2008 03:12 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Anyone getting ready for the Metis occultation?

Posted By Ken Fiscus

This Thursday night / Friday morning. Best asteroid occultation of the year. Big, slow, familiar asteroid covering 6th mag star for almost a minute. Go to IOTA sites or see the September S&T.

If weather permits, some students and I will be timing it for IOTA.

October 22, 2008 09:25 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Is there a market for smallish teflon blocks?

Posted By Ken Fiscus

This is not my weasely way to sell stuff without spending $5 for an ad... I have a lots of 3/8" teflon in isosceles triange-shaped pieces that are about 2" wide at the base and 4" long. There are also some 1" wide strips of a variety of lengths. Do you readers think it will be worth my $5 putting an ad on the classifieds to attract dob builders? If I get some "yes" responses I'll go ahead. Thank you for the market research.
Ken

August 27, 2011 11:29 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Stephan's Quintet

Posted By Ken Fiscus

I'd never tried for them before last night, having been scared off by comments on their difficulty. Big mistake! My observing partner and I had an easy time finding them and were able to see each member. Better yet, my mental picture matched the photos when I came in.

September 19, 2011 08:51 PM Forum: After Dark

Catching UARS on its last passes

Posted By Ken Fiscus

6-ton beast about to re-enter the atmosphere. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow morning and then hoping the surviving pieces find nothing but ocean...

September 19, 2011 08:51 PM Forum: After Dark

Catching UARS on its last passes

Posted By Ken Fiscus

6-ton beast about to re-enter the atmosphere. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow morning and then hoping the surviving pieces find nothing but ocean...