My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

October 27, 2008 12:49 PM Forum: Politics

Stevens Guilty on all counts

Posted By Jim Moscheck

A gift for his challenger in the senate race. 40 years and out.

November 3, 2008 04:18 AM Forum: Politics

Sarah Palin is dumb as a rock

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Sarah Palin, on her campaign bus, took a phone call yesterday from "President Sarkozy" of France, but it turns out it was a prank from two talk radio guys from Montreal who have a history of making crank political phone calls. grin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/deadlineusa/2008/nov/02/sarahpalin-johnmccain

It's so over the top how can she possibly think it is the real "guy"? It sounds like a bad impression of Inspector Clouseau.

And some of you "guys" want her a heartbeat away from the presidency? :S

November 3, 2008 01:25 PM Forum: Politics

BO's grandmother has just passed

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Say what you will about BO but he deserves all our condolences at this time.

Too bad she couldn't live long enough to make it through the election. sad Good thing he had the chance to see her last week.

November 4, 2008 09:47 AM Forum: Politics

Was this election more about the VP?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

When talking with the customers in my store this morning more than a few mentioned that the VP pick influenced who they voted for. Now, this IS Michigan, the economy sucks, and we are a blue state which does explain it somewhat, but it does agree with how I feel. I could have supported JM, but his choice of Caribou Barbie took him out of contention. There is no way I could take him seriously after this boneheaded move.

Anyone think the "Palin Effect" will make any difference in the outcome?

November 5, 2008 07:36 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Congratulations Democrats!

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Jim: so good to hear your words and hope to see you back here as soon as possible.

I sincerely hope there can be some common ground on issues that are important to the American people that both sides on agree on.

February 1, 2009 10:52 AM Forum: Politics

Re: DOA

Posted By Jim Moscheck

You got the opposition part right. Loyal? I think not. :S

March 4, 2009 11:35 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Master Chef Obama

Posted By Jim Moscheck

My goodness, Jim. In your relentless attacks you, and most Republicans, fail to give one intelligent idea what could be done to solve the economic mess we are ALL in.

Either LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY.

The American public is on to you guys with the obstructionist behavior and the same old tired GOP arguments so eloquently conveyed to us by your new wonder boy Bobby Jindal in the Republican response. :S

If the conservatives keep this up there will be far less of you in the next congress. grin With Rush, Bobby, and Sarah running the GOP your chances are slim.

March 5, 2009 01:19 PM Forum: Politics

I used to enjoy reading this forum

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Not anymore. I can't waste my time reading the drivel being posted here. It's one thing to be the "loyal opposition" but I see nothing loyal or even patriotic with the relentless attacks by our favorite ex-mercenary/government soldier/Dittohead/GOP poster boy. I used to look forward to when he'd pop in and disrupt things and then go away. I miss those days.

March 12, 2009 10:56 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Northern Michigan Winter getaway

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I really like this forum and wish I could contribute more. grin

My wife and I finally had a few days up in Northport which is north of Traverse City on the tip of the Leelanau Peninsula. This first one is on the beach at the Northport Lighthouse.

May 9, 2009 04:43 AM Forum: SCI-FI

Star Trek Re-booted

Posted By Jim Moscheck

My daughter and I went to see the new Star Trek film last night. She grew up watching ST The Next Generation with me, I started with the original TV series and all the rest. I didn't like every ST movie and I hated Voyager and DS9 on TV. The latest TV series Enterprise I felt was pretty good.

That all said, the new Star Trek was absolutely one of the best movies, not just sci-fi, that I've ever seen. Don't want to spoil it, but the story was fantastic, the characters were excellent, the effects were first rate, and it left me wanting more. Didn't know how they would get Leonard Nimoy in the story, but he was pivotal to the plot line.

If I could give it more than 5 stars on a scale of 5 I would. Some fans won't like what they did to the "timeline", but it makes all of the characters and plot lines we have known all these years fresh and much more interesting than just re-creating the familiar set in stone story.

Cheers,