Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

April 23, 2013 04:52 AM Forum: LUNATICS

Re: what is a lunatic

Posted By Jim Moscheck

billy moss said:

Hi
Someone told me one time that a lunatic is what moon dogs have.

My Dad's favorite joke during the Apollo program was a variation.

Did you know they brought a bug back from the Moon? It was a lunatic. grin

April 25, 2013 05:16 PM Forum: Politics

What happened to Mr. Davis?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I see his last post was over a month ago. Even though he comes across as a little right of Ted Nugent and can get under my skin I hope he's alright. Anyone know? Did I miss something?

November 21, 2013 08:32 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Hey Herb

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Thanks for the nice beverage cup. smile It'll be great to use when out observing.

Cheers,

January 31, 2014 09:27 AM Forum: Politics

Post counts

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I'm bored at work. This place has not gotten better, there used to be some good conversation along with a few attacks, but still interesting none the less.

In the last three pages of the political forum I count:

Richard Davis: 50 posts

All members not named Richard Davis: 41 posts

Boring. Just saying.

Flameproof suit is on, Rich. grin Have at it.

May 13, 2014 02:01 PM Forum: Politics

Putin plays politics with the ISS

Posted By Jim Moscheck

The head of Russia’s space program says "I propose that the United States delivers its astronauts to the ISS with the help of a trampoline.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/13/russia-casts-doubt-on-us-future-with-iss-over-ukraine-sanctions/

Oh course, this really doesn't mean they will stop selling tickets to the ISS. Especially at $60 million a seat. But it does say they will stop supporting the ISS in 2020, the US wants to stay until 2024.

"He also suggested that Russia could use the station without cooperation from the U.S.

"The Russian segment can exist independently from the American one,” Rogozin said. “The U.S. one cannot.""

Isn't this reason enough to fast track the new crew capsule and launch system that NASA has in the works?

Oh, as this forum has a one track mind lately I'm sure it's all Obama's fault.

June 17, 2014 03:59 PM Forum: Politics

Re: He is a hero again

Posted By Jim Moscheck

billy moss said:

CBS news was wide open telling about the capture of the Benghazi terrorist, with Obama making his statement about he did what he said he would do, capture the man. He was bragging about no matter how long it takes, we will catch the one responsible. But he did not finish the sentence, saying that in a little while, I will let you go again.

I understand he'll be tried in a US court and sentence will be up to a judge. No way Obama's going to let this one go. Finally some good news associated with Benghazi.

Let's hope that they get the other scumbags responsible for the deaths of the ambassador and the other three US diplomats.

June 19, 2014 09:29 AM Forum: Politics

Iraq - who's right? Glenn Beck?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I was going to respond to a post from Rich in another thread, but thought I'd begin a new thread. I'm sure the righties on the site will say they don't listen to Glen Beck or that he doesn't represent them, but he's been one of the fiercer voices for the war in Iraq.

http://www.newsweek.com/glenn-beck-admits-liberals-were-right-iraq-war-255341

From the article:

This is a major turnaround for the famously right-wing pundit who in 2009 said, ”The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?”’

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free," Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. "I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

Beck’s comments come amidst a surge in sectarian fighting in Iraq. He explained that at the beginning of U.S. involvement there, he “believed that the United States was under threat from Saddam Hussein.” He lamented the increasing partisan divide in U.S. politics, and urged Republicans and Democrats to come together to keep the U.S. out of further involvement, and to bring all remaining troops in Iraq home.

“Finally, there are some things we can come together on and clean up our own house," Beck said. "But if we do to the liberals what they did to us and George W. Bush and make it just about politics, we will be divided more. This cannot become about the President. It cannot become act [sic] the Democrats. This has to become about the principles because in the principles we all agree. Enough is enough. Bring them home, period.”

Just sayin'. wink

August 27, 2014 02:13 PM Forum: Politics

What were they thinking?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/arizona-girl-fatal-shooting-accident/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Why in the world would a parent put their nine year old girl in a situation like this? What were they trying to teach her? Heck, when my daughter was nine years old she was playing with Barbie's and reading "The Babysitters Club" books. Burgers and Bullets was the name of the operation in Arizona where you can eat a greasy burger and then for the heck of it let your little girl use an Uzi with a fully loaded clip. What could possibly go wrong? The instructor was a military veteran but he make too many mistakes. He was on the wrong side of her and was leaning into the line of fire. Not to be harsh but it sure is a way to cleanse the gene pool. The poor kid was just doing what her parents wanted her to do and will probably suffer mentally for the rest of her life. Just senseless. :S Where else could this happen in the developed world but here in the good old USA. I hope OSHA shuts them down for good along with changing the age limit rules of any other gun range that is authorized to have automatic weapons. This one makes me mad.

July 28, 2015 02:43 PM Forum: Politics

Mike Huckabee and the Iran deal

Posted By Jim Moscheck

So Huckabee thinks the deal with Iran will basically be lining up the Jews for the ovens.

I guess old Mike forgot about his policy statement from the 2008 election campaign:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2008-01-01/americas-priorities-war-terror

President Obama took Mike's argument to heart. What better way to do that than disparage the Iran deal with his new 180º turnaround over what I had previously proposed.

October 7, 2016 02:03 PM Forum: Politics

October (are we really) Surprized

Posted By Jim Moscheck

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/index.html

(Drops mike)