My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

March 17, 2017 12:58 PM Forum: Politics

And you guys are OK with this?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/22/trumps-family-trips-cost-taxpayers-nearly-as-much-in-a-month-as-obamas-cost-in-a-whole-year/#27229ff436e4

I guess you're all OK with cutting funding for meals on wheels, too, so all those shut in old people, including veterans, will just have to go out and sell apples on the street corner in order to afford a meal. On edit: No wait, they are shut in's for a reason, they can't get out. Well, to hell with them.

Absolutely what Jesus would do. Don't you think?

March 24, 2017 03:55 PM Forum: Politics

Who'd a thunk it?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Both houses of Congress and the Executive branch and they can't pass their own stinking bill. I especially like the way they pushed it through committee without any public hearings from doctors, patients, and other health care experts.

Must be Obama's fault.

BYW - is this forum dead like all of the others? With all of the great terrific things happening in DC and you guys have nothing to say about it? Or are you all just waiting and ready to pounce? Go ahead.

So what's next? A big huge tax cut for the 1%? It's too bad they couldn't give them those huge tax credits for health care they so desperately need.

June 19, 2017 07:58 AM Forum: Politics

Health care

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Maybe someone can tell me why it's OK for the Senate to be concocting a health care bill, which represents 20% of the economy, in secret by 13 men and hope to pass it by July 4th? The affordable care act or Obamacare as everyone called it, required over 100 public hearings and got the opinions of health care professionals and everyone else who wanted input into this important legislation. I remember lots of criticism and changes made that actually made it destined to fail. So, I guess it's OK to ram something through as long as you're the GOP?

July 11, 2017 09:58 AM Forum: Politics

Is Donny Jr. being used as a scapegoat?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Anyone paying attention? You guys wanted proof of collusion? Here's part of Donny Jrs. email thread that he released just before the NYT's did.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/trump-jr-russia-lawyer-emails/index.html

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," Goldstone, who represents the son of an Azerbaijani-Russian businessman close to Russian government, wrote in the email to Trump Jr.

"If it's what you say I love it," Trump Jr.

Go ahead and explain away. BTW- Who do you suppose is the senior WH leaker?

September 19, 2017 08:11 PM Forum: Politics

Caption contest

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Bonus points if you can guess what part of the speech was just uttered. grin

September 24, 2017 10:28 AM Forum: Politics

Trump vs. NFL

Posted By Jim Moscheck

So, according to the POTUS if you practice free speech on the gridiron you're a "son of a bitch" and should be fired.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/donald-trump-nfl-nba/index.html

I don't doubt he's still bitching about Jackie Robinson. He reminds me of the Phillies manager Ben Chapman who gave Jackie such a hard time.

From Wikipedia: "Phillies players and manager Ben Chapman called Robinson a "nigger" from their dugout and yelled that he should "go back to the cotton fields".[138][139] (Branch) Rickey later recalled that Chapman "did more than anybody to unite the Dodgers. When he poured out that string of unconscionable abuse, he solidified and united thirty men."

Looks like that's what happened with the NFL players and owners today before the games.

BTW- My uncle played on that Phillies team and in his later days every time I talked baseball with him he told me how proud he was to play against Jackie Robinson. He knew it was wrong what his manager and teammates did. If that old southern boy from West Virginia Andy Seminick can know that maybe we do have a chance in this country and Trump will stop with the dividing rhetoric. Yeah, well as far a Trump goes I'm not holding my breath.

September 26, 2017 12:10 PM Forum: Politics

How did I miss this one?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

A customer told me about this today and I told him "no way, nobody is that f'ing stupid."

I stand corrected. Reminds me of the way my mom was with early onset alzheimer's disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ghKTJCqutI

October 4, 2017 09:59 AM Forum: Politics

Vegas massacre

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Ok, now I can say assault rifle without Richard pitching a fit. So, let me get this straight. It's legal to own a semi automatic weapon, it's legal to sell whatever it was he did to modify them into automatic weapons, but it's illegal to use such a weapon? And congress is now looking to deregulate silencers? Brilliant. I guess this is making America great again? Winning? Yeah-I'm really getting tired of all this winning.

October 20, 2017 01:01 PM Forum: Politics

Who woulda thunk it.

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Who says an old dog can't change. George W.Bush is a statesman. If you haven't listened to his whole speech yesterday you should. If I could I would trade back for him in a minute. His message will go over the heads of the Trumpers so not sure how much good it will do, but it's nice to hear someone say this stuff out loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJsNQ1zVV8

I admit I was really hard on the guy but he made it so easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhmdEq3JhoY

November 28, 2017 08:17 AM Forum: Politics

I know this will fall on deaf ears

Posted By Jim Moscheck

here in this forum but what Trump did yesterday is appalling. What the hell did bringing up Elizabeth Warren and the racial slur nickname he calls her have to do with three heros of WWII who greatly helped us to win the war. Does the man not have the decency to try to be human for 15 minutes while honoring these men?

And he's now questioning that the Access Hollywood tape was maybe fake. He himself attributed it to locker room talk and now he now questioning what he actually said? Not that anyone in the GOP cares anyway. It's all about the SCOTUS and tax cuts for the rich so to hell with your morals. The grabber in chief can describe his presidency accurately by using his own words: "It's bad. Really bad."

The fact that Alabama is probably going to elect an accused pedophile also says volumes as to where the conservative movement has descended.