My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

May 10, 2022 07:59 PM Forum: Politics

And MAGA Thinks Biden's Impaired...

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I doubt anyone here will watch this, Rod, and I doubt they watched Donny's Pennsylvania rally either so as far as they know it didn't happen. Besides, who could sit through that? After Donny was whisked away Dr. Oz comes on to speak and by now it was pouring rain. Of course the MAGA faithful put up with the lousy conditions and the muddy fields, but that looked downright miserable. I even felt sorry for them trying to go home, but just a little.

May 11, 2022 06:42 PM Forum: Politics

The Republicans Who Voted Against Aid For Ukraine

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Mel Maki
You can be straight about this. Conservatives do not support Putin in this war. They want him to lose.
Then, Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Madison Cawthorn, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Louie Gomert, Paul Gosar, among others aren't conservative. 

Why do you guys still support these Putin sympathisers? Just cause there is an R after their name? 

May 11, 2022 07:16 PM Forum: Politics

The Republicans Who Voted Against Aid For Ukraine

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Today's discussion is about R's who voted against aid for Ukraine in 2022, not about Stalin and WWII. 

Deflection is your most used tactic.

May 14, 2022 08:52 PM Forum: Politics

Jews know how to throw a good party for an amerikan

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I think the name of the country, Israel, would be better than saying Jews as it is the government that did it, not the whole race of people. Also, trying to grasp what definition you are using for 'amerikan". Just curious. based on your limited postings here you don't seem to be to keen on the USA as a whole. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong and you are just using the Japanese spelling, but you seem to use it as derogatory term. 

May 21, 2022 02:57 PM Forum: Politics

Nancy Pelosi Denied Communion by the Catholic Archbishop.

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Sounds like a good reason to leave the church to me.

Maybe the Archbishop should read the constitution if he want to live and work in the US.

May 21, 2022 05:55 PM Forum: Politics

Roe Vs Wade Overturned

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I wonder if Al would have resigned in today's world. 

May 21, 2022 07:29 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Are you an insane person or do you just act like one here on AMart?

So then "if he wants to live and work in the US", he needs to permit abortion?

I"m guessing the Archbishop understands the Constitution better than you do.  
Separation of church and state. Gov't shouldn't get into church business and visa versa. They wants to keep their tax free status? Stay the F out of government policy making.

What about what the what church did up in Canada? They killed a lot of children, guess we got to forgive them, too?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/28/world/canada/kamloops-mass-grave-residential-schools.html

Organized religion in my opinion sucks.

May 21, 2022 08:02 PM Forum: Politics

The Baby Formula Recall: A Boat Load Of BS...

Posted By Jim Moscheck

We had a good supply of baby formula until Trump's trade tariffs against Canadian made formula pulled them out of the US markets. But it's Biden's fault.

May 21, 2022 08:58 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Why does the father have no say?  Why should he not even be consulted in at least SOME instances?
That's a good one, Richard. So, you're saying the father of every fetus has no say in the matter?

I'll bet more than 50% of the young single men who knock up their young girlfriend are more than willing to agree to have the woman abort a fetus. Probably more than 50%.  

May 23, 2022 03:26 PM Forum: Politics

Meanwhile Down Under

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
Australia is a funky bird when it comes to politics. There seems to be 2 primary parties, the center left liberal party (Labor party) and the center right liberal party. Then there are a smattering of other coalition parties as well as independents who lay claim to no party.

The center right liberals have run the show for 8 or 9 years now and now the center left has captured 72 of the 76 seats needed to have parliamentary majority. Labor (center left) made it a referendum against the current prime minister Scott Morrison in order to pull the rabbit out of the hat as there was a general distaste for his heavy handed politics. Both parties lost considerable vote share though from 2019. It was the independents who tilted the scales.

The Labor party is expected to now rule the roost anyway even if they dont clear the 76 threshold for a majority due to alliances with smaller parties and the independents with Labor leader Anthony Albanese expected to become the next prime minister. 
So, the total opposite of what Richard posted.