My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

May 26, 2022 01:39 AM Forum: Politics

19 kids and 2 teachers dead at Texas elementary school

Posted By Jim Moscheck

That second one would have prevented the Buffalo and Texas shootings.

May 26, 2022 04:03 AM Forum: Politics

19 kids and 2 teachers dead at Texas elementary school

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

OK DH, what is magic about the age 21?  

We are permitted to drive at 16. 

We are permitted to drink at 18 (at least in most places that I know of)

Seems to me that you're just picking out an arbitrary number at 21.

Then if this is the case, you are of the mindset that nobody can be forced to join the military until they are 21 correct?

Do you agree with that?

And we've had mass murderers who were in their mid to late 20s, so why shouldn't we make the age to purchase a weapon to defend oneself at 30 years of age at least? 

As for the background checks can you tell me what percentage of mass murders with guns occurred after the person failed the background check?  
My God, man, you are obtuse and being a dick about it is par for the course for you. There is a federal law banning handguns until you are 21 years of age. Both the Buffalo and Texas shooters were 18 and used rifles, which they can buy at 18. Make them the same as handguns. 

May 26, 2022 04:14 AM Forum: Politics

Beto O'Rourke has no shame

Posted By Jim Moscheck

When is the right time Richard? Now is the time, not later, now. It's been 9 1/2 years since Sandy Hook.

Don't let any 18 to 21 year olds, but especially the ones being raised by idiots like yourself, to be able to buy long guns/rifles.

May 26, 2022 05:15 AM Forum: Politics

Beto O'Rourke has no shame

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Hey Jim, what's the matter, can't handle the facts so you have to start name-calling?

Can you give me a reason that we shouldn't make the age 30?  You picked an arbitrary one.  What's magical about 21?  What about 25?
21 is the legal age to drink in most states, 21 would be my choice.

BTW - I called you the nickname of Richard, and many people of very high caliber use that nickname proudly. Dick Best, Dick Van Dyke, Dick Butkus, Dick York, Dick Cavett, Dick Clark, and Dick Vitale, among others that come to mind. You, on the other hand, exemplify the literal meaning of the word in most every post you make. You'll pick a fight with anyone, even guys who basically see eye to eye with you on most things. Just calling it like it is.

Been meaning to post this, but every time I wanted to I thought better of it. It was after your posting of clown shoes to insult Biden.  

Well, for when you are busy posting in your Mom's basement Florsheim shoes just came out with a new loafer in honor of your Astromart personality of many years. They call it the Richard:

May 26, 2022 08:37 AM Forum: Politics

What Changed in this nation?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

He is a Dad, Mel. My Dad loved to tell a stupid joke back in the 70's:

Q: Did the Apollo astronauts find life on the Moon? 

A: Yes. Lunatics. 

He thought it was hilarious.

May 26, 2022 08:44 AM Forum: Politics

Report: Trump Approved Of Hanging Mike Pence

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
"Former President Trump made an approving remark about his own vice president being hanged following chants at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to hang then-Vice President Pence, according to a report in The New York Times."
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3501462-trump-made-approving-remark-about-chants-calling-for-hanging-pence-nyt/

June 9th is right around the corner. Although, I think a good chunk of America won't even pay attention. I hope I'm wrong.

May 26, 2022 05:34 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Like I said, there are many people who won’t care and will disregard it as BS. To them, and you guys it seems, Jan 6th was a field trip to DC for peaceful sightseers, not an attempt to overturn the election. Still, looking forward to seeing some of the involved squirm. Hillary sat for 11 hours facing questions on Benghazi and nothing came out of it. These guys are too chicken to even testify because they know they are implicated. 

May 26, 2022 11:24 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by James Brown

Typo I'm guessing.  No big deal. 

I was at Churchill Downs with my grandma when Secretariat won the Derby in '73.  The one and only time I've been to Churchill Downs.  I was 11.  We had great seats, Grandma had held tickets for many decades and she took me and my brothers (one kid per year) around this time  The big ancillary grandstands flanking the twin spires would not be built for many years.  It was totally cool.

Jim
I was referring to the first public hearing of the Jan. 6th committee which is scheduled for June 9th in prime time. Surely Fox news and OAN will ignore it or spin the reporting but I doubt they will preempt Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson to air the hearing.   

May 27, 2022 06:49 AM Forum: Politics

It turns out there was NO school resource officer on the scene inside the school, so the killer wasn't confronted.

Posted By Jim Moscheck

So you need to start a new thread about it? What was wrong with the other thread on the subject? Or are you just special and want a thread of your very own, to what, make a point? 

May 28, 2022 04:19 AM Forum: Politics

It turns out there was NO school resource officer on the scene inside the school, so the killer wasn't confronted.

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

OK, how many here would want to raise the age to 21 for owning an assault rifle as I’ve defined earlier?
Sound reasonable to me. They can't buy alcohol until 21 until they are more mature. Using the fact that they can use a gun when they join the military at 18 doesn't take into account that the military trains them in using those weapons.