New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

June 19, 2022 06:30 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Mel Maki

I am talking about the people in charge!

"Boy am I wrong!"
The left of center that think they are more open-minded are very wrong!                                      
So, you don’t believe in the committee’s findings because the people “in charge” are forcing these folks to testify to the facts as they have been presented so far?

Or, the fact that McCarthy and his cohorts choose not to participate in a venture that makes Trump and his GOP supporters/collaborators/congressmen look very, very bad?

June 19, 2022 07:46 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
New poll: more Americans think Trump should face criminal charges and that the January 6 committee is fair and impartial:
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/3529190-more-americans-say-trump-should-face-charges-in-connection-with-jan-6-poll/
I said when it happened that the second impeachment was too rushed and after more than 1000 interviews and counting (I'm looking at you Ginny Thomas and DJT) we are seeing the true picture. At the time the big lie and the capital riots still were too fresh and in some minds still plausible, but now after all these witnesses, 60+ big lie court cases dismissed, and Trump and his cronies discredited the country may be coming around.

But certainly not Mel, Greg, and Rich as they have too much invested in the big lie to somehow see the evidence presented for what it is, not their preconceived ideas of what (on edit) they think it is. 

June 20, 2022 10:45 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Jim, you are acting like one big partisan blockhead! I have ZERO invested in "the big lie." Do you think the world revolves around this crap the two parties argue about instead doing anything constructive? The parties move you guys around like they have rings in your noses. This is one big tv production of endless bull and you guys can't get enough of it. Your only disappointment is you don't have a big screen in every room. Oh, but I almost forgot that Trump was one whisker away from destroying the very essence of our Democracy and only a brilliant Dem in the right places stopped us from having 8 more years of Trump.
No, a republican sycophant named mike pence finally grew a backbone on January 6th and wouldn’t go along with the big lie put forth by Eastman, Rudy, and Trump and company. You want to see a partisan blockhead? Look in the mirror. 

June 20, 2022 06:56 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Yeah, no one is paying attention to these hearings.

"The special congressional committee investigating the Capitol attack held its third round of public hearings last week, spotlighting the intense pressure Vice President Mike Pence received from Trump to overturn the 2020 election results.

A majority of those surveyed – 60% – say they believe the Jan. 6 committee is "conducting a fair and impartial investigation," up from 40% in April."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/06/19/poll-trump-crime-role-jan-6-attack/7678110001/

They've only had three hearings so far and now "nearly 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be criminally charged for his role in Jan. 6 riot, ABC poll says."

But no big deal, it was just a peaceful tourist outing by a bunch of patriots, right Mel? Your boy Trump said this weekend he'll even pardon anyone involved in Jan. 6th. if he gets re elected president. Surely they'll need those pardons because they are innocent, right Mel?  

June 23, 2022 04:40 PM Forum: Politics

June 23, 2022 06:58 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Just like the arrogance shown by the Proud Boys documenting their "patriotism" in that meeting from the night before, the Trumps had the same arrogance of documenting the time in question, including the afternoon of January 6th when he, his family, and advisors were watching the riot on TV. How stupid can you get?

June 24, 2022 11:53 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

And a lot of people think the Dems on the committee are wrong and that Trump did not come close to overturning the results.
Well, I guess we're going to find out. Here is a preview of a minute of the documentary that the committee just received. I guess they filmed the whole campaign including Jan 6th and beyond.

After viewing this clip maybe he isn't capable of what he's being accused of. Doesn't mean the people around him didn't do it.

No, after further examination it's obvious he's a control freak and has his nose in everything. 

I wonder what else they filmed "for posterity".  LOL.  

June 24, 2022 03:55 PM Forum: Politics

Good News

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I'm not pro abortion at all but in certain cases it is warranted. In 24 hours the supremes gave a gun carrying rapist the right to choose the mother of his future offspring and force a government mandated unwanted pregnancy/child to the victim as a constant reminder of her rapist.

On edit: I guess you could argue the woman who gets raped should have been packing to ward off her attacker herself.

June 24, 2022 04:06 PM Forum: Politics

Good News

Posted By Jim Moscheck

"Does lying through your teeth in a SCOTUS confirmation hearing have any meaning at all?

Apparently not Dave. 

June 24, 2022 04:41 PM Forum: Politics

Good News

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by James Brown

You are being silly Jim.  I have not read the opinion yet, but overturning Roe means that the states can regulate abortion as they see fit.  If you think a law allowing abortion in the case of rape is justified, please make sure that your state passes such a law.

As far as the gun goes, background checks are still mandated under federal law in all 50 states.  Any convicted rapist will fail the background check.  Assuming our splendid bureaucracy does its job.

By the way, the gun opinion only affects New York, California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts and New Jersey.  These were the states that routinely denied carry permits.  The other 44 states, including your own Michigan, already have laws that grant a carry permit to anyone who applies and passes a background check.  

Jim
Of course I'm being silly. I had no reaction to yesterday's SC decision except to ask why Richard was so angry in his post.

Still, the fact a woman can get raped and then have to carry a rapists offspring because of where she lives and/or not having enough money to travel to a legal state is offensive beyond words.