Yue Ma

WR 134

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

August 6, 2022 03:30 PM Forum: Politics

Illegal Aliens becoming a problem for the leftists in the Cities of the Northeast

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by David Cotterell

Ooooooh, it's Rich the Internet Tough Guy!  

What an "ITG" looks like:
Like I said the other day, he must be beating off the women with a stick. 

Naw, on second thought probably no women involved.

August 6, 2022 04:52 PM Forum: Politics

Strong July Jobs Report!

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Democrats need to paint Republicans as radical extremists who want to strip you of your liberties and freedoms, ban books, and install authoritarian leaders. The stuff going on at CPAC is nuts. Of course, CPAC doesn't define the whole party, but it is a bellwether of its direction.
Where is Richard to refute this jobs report. He was pretty adamant a recession is looming.

I paid 3.69/gal for gas yesterday. The labor problems at my store have been resolved, for now, and I've been able to hire four new people which will really help out. Glad I'm doing my part to help out the economy.

BTW - How many employees have you hired this year Richard? 

August 6, 2022 09:20 PM Forum: Politics

Illegal Aliens becoming a problem for the leftists in the Cities of the Northeast

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by David Cotterell
And here's a picture of me with a good friend of mine taken last week with my new (to me) 10-inch Newtonian.

Richard, I double dog dare you to post a photo of yourself taken recently in your next reply. I bet you haven't the cojones.
I don't think a triple dog dare you will do the trick. He says he does astronomy, but I don't believe it.

August 6, 2022 10:27 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

If he doesnt then I dont think he would be building a 20" f/5 Dob......
That's impressive, but we need pics as he makes progress.With his woodworking skills I hope he's trying for something cool. My build is a plain jane obsession style on the outside, but updated/upgraded on the insides. If it were me I'd have gone f/4 or lower, a 20" F/5 is a good climb up a ladder, a f/4 or faster would probably keep your feet on the ground except for viewing at zenith.

August 7, 2022 12:03 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Its so funny to read their postings sometimes.  tongue

Thanks BTW for those detailed photos.  I downloaded them into my file for building the Dob.  And your notations were a big help.  I didn't realize that I should put a cooling fan in there, beneath the primary but that is a good idea.  

I guess I'll be making a rocker type of box for this mirror, which should be very fun.  I rec'd the 1/20 wave Antares Secondary and it is brand new.  I have to order out the holder and spider for it.  I'm thinking about getting it from a company called Protostar.  They look fairly decent.

I talked to the author of that Book as well on Friday, Dave Kriege, and he has brand new copies in stock..  He called me right back and he was really a nice guy.  I told him what I was doing and he said that his book had very good information in it.  

For some reason on Ebay, they are over $100.  He told me that if I sent him a check for $55 he would ship one out.

So I'm on the way.  Sent the payment to the seller of the big mirror but he didn't cash it yet. 

I'm guessing that I'll have that mirror here within 2 weeks so getting a bit happy about that.  

Even with the cabinet wood and the parts that I'm purchasing, I'll have less than $2700 into the entire scope.  I checked with Obsession and their 20" f/4 brand new is $10,500.  

And that doesn't cover the shipping costs and any tax that he would have to get from me.  So I should be saving myself about $8k from purchasing one new.  And this mirror was just recoated recently with enhanced alum.  He said it is supposed to have 96-98% light transmission.

Thanks again for your help so far.  I greatly appreciate it!  
Politics aside, building a dob is very rewarding. I have a copy of the book you could borrow while building, Rich, if you haven't sent out to check to Dave K. The book is a good resource but is antiquated in many ways. If you want any help I'd be glad to offer what knowledge I have. I built a 14.5" f/4.3 in an obsession style carcass 15 years ago and it's still my #1. I've added a Nexxus DSC and Servocat for goto and tracking, a cooling fan under the primary, and a smaller fan blowing across the surface to disrupt the boundary layer that hovers above the mirror while it is cooling. Mirror cell is very important. Do not make one like in the Kriege book. I can't believe Obsession still uses that seat belt sling to support the mirror. Wire cable sling or a whiffle tree is far superior. have fun, my telescope build was one of the funnest projects I ever did for myself. 

August 7, 2022 01:32 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
Sincerely, Rich Dick   LOL  grin

Okay, that made me laugh out loud, too.

I think I read the book twice and then skimmed it a lot before I started my build.

Another great resource for your build would be the Cloudy Nights ATM forum. Lots of great guys, lots of innovative designs, and tons of knowledge there.

August 7, 2022 07:10 PM Forum: Politics

Dick Cheney: "No individual is ‘greater threat to our republic’ than Trump"

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
”..... and also that she would rather serve with most Democratic women than Republicans like Greene and Boebert."
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3591684-cheney-gop-is-very-sick/
Well, that was a stupid remark with her primary coming up, unless she knows it's a forgone conclusion and is now setting her sights on running for the presidency in 2024.

August 8, 2022 07:23 PM Forum: Politics

According To The People Who Make The Call, We're Not In A Recession

Posted By Jim Moscheck

But that doesn't fit with Richard's narrative. The CBO? Why would he ever believe them?

Besides, he'll just find and post another obscure opinion that he agrees with.

August 9, 2022 01:03 PM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By Jim Moscheck

So, Hillary deleted some classified emails and the right wing went nuts.

Trump takes classified documents when leaving the WH to Mar A Lago and the right wing goes nuts.

Not because of the classified documents, but because the FBI, who is still led by Christopher Wray, a Trump appointee, and the DOJ executing a search warrant, that had it be issued by a judge after looking at evidence, to find those classified documents that he took and thet the FBI and DOJ are all left wing radicals.

Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

August 9, 2022 03:59 PM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I wonder about the contents of the safe that Eric said was empty. The tells me it wasn't. 

Seriously, there is so much evidence we haven't seen, but the judge that issued the search warrant has. 

Someone has flipped and is talking, but who?

Meadows? Cipollone?  ????