My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

January 8, 2008 01:01 PM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

Pink Fyoyd Dark Side of the Moon Super Audio CD

Posted By Jim Moscheck

This has to be at least my fifth copy of Dark Side of the Moon. :S I recently upgraded my home music/HT system and bought an Oppo DVD/disk player that plays all formats except HD and Blu Ray and up converts DVDs to 1080p. Since I've never heard what Super Audio sounds like I figured what better disk to try it out than with DSOTM. I had to special order it and picked it up last night. I thought I've heard all there was to hear on the original vinyl Mobile Fidelity master disk I have, but I was simply amazed at the sound quality, separation, imaging, the whole works. I never moved from the sweet spot for the whole disk and it was almost like hearing it for the first time. Guess I'm about five years too late for the SACD revolution that didn't happen, too bad it didn't catch on. :S

January 25, 2008 03:32 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Make a stand

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Jim Babcock said:
So the Dem field of candidates amounts to a bunch that think the most important issue is attacking each other on race and gender issues, and who are too afraid to make their position known on an issue that is important to one of their key voting blocks. Is that what you call Progressive Leadership? 8O

Yeah, but it's only important during election years. In the other years we get Foley and Craig & company. :S

May 10, 2008 10:23 AM Forum: Sports

Any Hockey Fans?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Who do you like in the Stanley Cup?

I'm scared to be feeling so confident but the Wings look the the real deal this year. All aspects of their game are hitting on all cylinders: power play, penalty kill, even strength, goaltending, and coaching.

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh on the other side.

May 23, 2008 07:13 PM Forum: Politics

Might just be the end?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I don't post here too often but sometimes really enjoy reading the posts. As a disenfranchised white middle class center leaning Michigan Democrat and American I'm appalled at what HRC has said about staying in the race just because you never know.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0QAewVrR28

I liked her husband and voted for him twice, but not his taste in women.

May 23, 2008 08:05 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

ISS observation

Posted By Jim Moscheck

I just observed the best pass if the ISS that I've ever seen. Started low in the SW and proceeded NE directly overhead. It was very bright, Mag +2 or so. There is another pass around 4AM with a highest altitude of 71ยบ.

A fellow club member posted today on our club's yahoo group that the ISS is in a unique position relative to Michigans' latitude and longitude that makes it visible to a greater or lesser degree with almost every pass for the next few evenings and this happens every year in May. I never knew that.

May 24, 2008 10:49 AM Forum: Sports

Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers, oh my.

Posted By Jim Moscheck

All three are playing at the same time tonight and I got a clear sky clock that looks like Tucson.

http://www.cleardarksky.com/c/LkHdsnRAMIkey.html

I don't know if I'm more of a sports fan or star gazer. Where I usually go for dark sky observing doesn't get the local Red Wing radio broadcast. Maybe I can hope for a strong Canadian station broadcasting to the provinces. :S

May 27, 2008 08:09 AM Forum: Sports

OZZIE, OZZIE, OZZIE

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Two shutouts in a row for a 2-0 lead in the series.

For sure I'm enjoying it, but I hope that the Pens can at least show up for game 3. They looked pretty miserable at the end of the 3rd period and so did their coach in the post game interview.

On the other hand, the Wings say they look forward to the road games.

[SIZE="Large"]GO WINGS![/SIZE]

June 1, 2008 10:07 AM Forum: Sports

Penguin

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Taste just like chicken. wink smile

Has Malkin been seen lately? I thought the one two punch of him and Crosby and the rest of the youngsters were supposed to be the undoing of these seasoned Wings.

Seriously, the Pens seem to have a good idea how to build a team, but they are a few parts short, and have to learn how to lose before they can win. Looks like the Red Wings have their number. Zetterberg was simply amazing during the two man advantage the Pens had for over a minute in the third period. If they had scored a goal there this series could be tied which is a lot different that being down 3-1. They just didn't seem disparate enough or truly wanted it enough in game 4.

The Wings did. 8)

Hot Wings in five games at the Joe on Monday.

July 9, 2008 07:49 PM Forum: Politics

McCain idea of comedy

Posted By Jim Moscheck

OK. He said it was a joke. Do you guys think it's funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05FFS3IenM&feature=related

July 29, 2008 02:38 PM Forum: Politics

Ted Stevens indicted, longest-serving GOP senator

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Takes family values to a new level, or at least his families home value and his sons upgraded SUV. It is alleged he took money and services from, go figure, and oil company(VECO).

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008079697_webstevens29m.html

His son, who is a former Alaskan legislator and lobbyist, has funneled govt. money his father appropriated to his clients in the fishing industry. In 1999 he also traded his '64 Mustang, worth $20,000 to the president of VECO, for a 1999 Land Rover Discovery that he had purchased new for about $44,000. Good deal if you can get it, usually when I have something to sell I'm lucky to get half what I paid for it. Maybe he just really wanted a vintage Mustang and money was no object. I shoulda been an oil man. :S

Will this effect the election in the same way that Craigs arrest did in '06?

Do these guys think they are immune to the laws they write?

If reelected he would be the 3rd in line for the presidency.