Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Moscheck

July 30, 2008 09:58 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Dems in congress come through (for potheads)

Posted By Jim Moscheck

According to the article:

House Resolution 5843, titled the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008, would allow "a very small number of individuals" suffering from chronic pain or illness to smoke marijuana with impunity. The legislation is cosponsored by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.

That's not legalization, just the end of harassment for people who need it medically and whose states allow it.

I don't think that's a bad idea. It is ironic that the party that wants to do away with all regulations makes the exception with illegal drugs.

Must be some money there to be made. :S

August 7, 2008 01:22 PM Forum: Politics

Detroit mayor Kuame Kilpatrick in jail

Posted By Jim Moscheck

How humiliating for the city of Detroit. And it goes on and on and on........

Well, a judge finally put Kuame Kilpatrick, Detroit's Hip-Hop mayor in jail for violating bond in his perjury case.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080807/NEWS01/80807076

He claims he was in Canada doing mayor business, but traveling there was a direct violation of his bond. I see him as nothing but a thug and can't believe they re-elected him. His many problems stem from an alleged late night party held at his city owned mayoral mansion during his first term. A stripper was killed and the investigation was covered up. He also has an ongoing affair with his chief of staff that he denied under oath in the cover up case, but it was proven true when text messages were obtained by the Free Press from his and his girlfriends city owned pagers, hence the perjury charges.

At least it's been a diversion from following GWB. Except that he's a democrat and proves that both parties have their bozos.

August 9, 2008 09:50 AM Forum: SCI-FI

Star Trek 2.0

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Has anyone checked out the original ST episodes with the updated special effects? This is like when Lucas updated the original Star Wars episodes 4,5, and 6 to make them look better when compared with the newer episodes 1,2, and 3. I set my DVR to record the series as it's being run once a week late night on a local station. They are mostly shots that replace the bad matte location scenes and of the Enterprise in orbit. The planets are much more realistic and the scenes with Klingon and Romulan ships look less like plastic models on strings. Since they didn't mess with the actual stories I find them much more enjoyable to watch than the "original" originals.

4 stars ****

August 11, 2008 04:44 PM Forum: Politics

Time to rename this forum

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Nobody left here but the hawks. :S

August 22, 2008 09:02 AM Forum: Politics

How many houses do you have?

Posted By Jim Moscheck

And have you ever misplaced one or forgotten what you have?

I have one that I live in with my lovely wife of 25 years and a 8 year old pop-up camper I keep at the back of my compound for when I'm in the doghouse. :S

August 22, 2008 01:56 PM Forum: Politics

Text messaging the Dem VP pick

Posted By Jim Moscheck

The Obama campaign is on the cutting edge of technology with this text messaging announcement of VP. They're not saying how many have signed up for the "message" but it must be a huge number. And then they have the info to send campaign messages out at any time leading up to the election. CNN and Fox have been talking it up all afternoon generating more hype. Hope he has free text messaging. wink grin

You got to admit it's pretty innovative.

As for JM, I'm sure there are some used mimeograph machines out there somewhere that he could get for a great deal.(rim shot) wink

September 3, 2008 08:08 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Palin kicked butt

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Different eyes see different things. I'm not impressed. But she does read a teleprompter well and I'm sure has the best speech writers money can buy. Maybe she used her oil rebate check(s).

September 8, 2008 08:51 AM Forum: Politics

Divisive Politics

Posted By Jim Moscheck

As one who enjoys reading this forum and is an infrequent poster I have had it with the right wingnuts who post here. There is so much hate and rudeness on this forum from both sides I'm going to stop reading and contributing anything because most posts are just cut down by the conservatives or the liberals here with vicious remarks. I'll stick to the telescope forums from now on, but lately they haven't been too great either

I'd never thought I would miss Jim Babcock's posts, but lately the guys on the right have been just plain old mean. Jim would at least listen and think a bit before replying, but now the post are just one way or the other. If this country is going to move past the divisiveness that is prevalent everywhere it won't be from JM or BO.

The right hates the left, the left blames the right, and those in the middle are ignored or pandered to.

I worry for our country. Where are the real statesmen?

September 13, 2008 01:12 PM Forum: Eyepieces

New Ethos 17mm and 6mm

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Announced at PATS today. Ends the speculation on what size is next.

http://www.televue.com/engine/page.asp?ID=312

I think the 6mm in my TV85 would be pretty cool. 100X and almost a 1ยบ FOV

September 15, 2008 07:27 AM Forum: Politics

Yes it is a bad dream- Oil and stock market

Posted By Jim Moscheck

Here in Michigan gas prices have gone from 3.69 gal. to over 4.19 gal. over the weekend because of Hurricane Ike. 50 cent a gallon increase and there is no reason for this increase.

Oil prices actually feel today to a seven month low to under $100 barrel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

I run a small business that has a three vehicle fleet. Gas prices are killing me and hurting my business. Let's just say my bottom line sure ain't what it used to be.

I sure am glad the military industrial complex and oil companies are sharing the pain of this economy with the rest of us. :S

BTW- the Dow is down 260 points as I write this due to the Wall street shakeup.