My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Norby

September 1, 2009 03:03 AM Forum: Politics

Afghanistan's Got Talent show

Posted By Mark Norby

I was channel surfing this afternoon, and caught a few min. of Oprah. I paused there because Susan Doyle was to appear. I love a great "rags to riches" type of story. Missed her, tho. Anywho, there was a piece about a televised talent showin Afghanistan, with both men and women competing. One woman was voted off, and in protest, she took off her scarf and danced off of the stage. A bit of a sore loser, perhaps, but I don't think it warranted the death threats that she received. Where's the NOW (National Organization of Women) gals when they're needed most?

September 11, 2009 01:44 AM Forum: Politics

ACORN

Posted By Mark Norby

I was channel surfing today, saw Glenn Beck, and paused there. He had a story about ACORN.Hidden camera video, of 2 ACORN employees, telling a couple(in disguise, with hidden camera),pretending to be a prostitute and a "friend" how to get a house with gov't assistance, for a brothel, to house 15 underage El Salvadoran illegals. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/09/10/klukowski-blackwell-acorn-investigate/

September 24, 2009 09:20 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

decade temp trend flat

Posted By Mark Norby

I thought that I saw a brief quote from a newspaper on the tv (I forget the paper, or the program) that printed a statement that the temps have been "flat" for about a decade, and that they will probably go down for the next several yrs. Has anyone seen/heard this?

October 5, 2009 05:53 PM Forum: Eyepieces

UO 80* eyepieces

Posted By Mark Norby

UO has an 11mm and 16mm 80* eyepiece. Both about $60. Anyone have/had/use them? How far from Nagler T6 are they-other than in price?

November 8, 2009 07:19 PM Forum: Politics

Gun control on base

Posted By Mark Norby

Only the military police were to carry firearms on base, and only when on duty, as I understand it. How many lives were lost because the soldiers weren't able to defend themselves? Gun control sure does work, doesn't it?

November 10, 2009 09:54 PM Forum: Politics

PC woes

Posted By Mark Norby

Heard of a man that works in a retail store that ran afoul of policy. Seems there was a female store manager visiting the store that he worked in, who volunteered, 4 times, that she was going to marry her female partner. It is legal to marry someone of the same gender in that state. After the 4 statements of intent, the young man volunteered to her that he didn't believe in same-gender marriage, based on his religious convictions. The next day he was terminated for "forcing his religious beliefs on another." Remember, now, she brought up the subject, 4 times, and he responded once. Who was "forcing beliefs upon another" here?

November 16, 2009 11:01 PM Forum: Religion

Muhammad declares Jesus Messiah

Posted By Mark Norby

Qur'an 3:45: Mary becomes pregnant because Allah wills it. Virgin Birth, a result of a divine order. The Qur'an says that all men came from Adam, including Muhammad. How could Jesus be born of a divine order, and not be divine? Muhammad:conceived of a mortal mother and father. Jesus: formed by a direct order from God. Who should we trust to tell us the path to God? In any case, Muhammad admitted that Jesus was the Messiah: Qur'an 3:45 : "Behold, the Angels said: 'O Miriam! Allah gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name shall be the Messiah, Isa (Jesus) the son of Miriam, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of those nearest to Allah." Jesus was "a Word" (John 1:1, as I recall), and Allah's stone is fractured. If Jesus was the Messiah, then He is God, and Allah isn't. From here, Ch.3 The family of Imran http://prophetofdoom.net/POD_Quran_Surah_003_The_Family_of_Imran.Islam

November 17, 2009 07:02 PM Forum: Religion

Islamic "science"

Posted By Mark Norby

From the link provided by Refet.http://www.scienceislam.com/proof_from_truth.php
Under "Creation or Evolution" Quran 39:42; "It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death, and those that did not die when they sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back, but the rest He sends(to their bodies) for a term appointed. Verily in this are Signs for those who reflect. Refet-Is there "Any" article in a medical journal, or any othe evidence that this has been scientifically verified?

November 17, 2009 07:31 PM Forum: Religion

Islam's stellar claims

Posted By Mark Norby

Remember, the Quran is innerant, and science proves it: Quran 81:15...."All of the other stars are suspended from heaven as lamps are from mosques, and circulate together, praising Allah." So,the stars hang from cords or chains like lanterns do, and they worship Allah. Stars can worship.

And here's proof we're not alone in the universe: Tabari I:236;..."Allah created 2 cities out in space,each with 10,000 gates,6 kilometers distant from the other." This city was larger than the earth(10Kx6kilometers=36000kilometers diameter) Each. Muhammad is further quoted as saying that if those people(in the space cities) weren't so many orso noisy, the people of this earth could "hear the loud crash made by the sun falling when it rises and sets." The angel Gabriel took Muhammad there during his Night Journey on a winged horse from the Kaaba to Jerusalem.

November 25, 2009 08:20 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Nuclear in Minnesota

Posted By Mark Norby

There's a bill in the Minnesota Legislature to overturn the moratorium on the building of new nuclear power plants in this state. The opponents want it kept(the moratorium) because of fears of nuclear waste contamination. When was the last time that there was an accident with nuclear waste in the USA? When did France have any?