My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Paul Scheifer

January 28, 2003 09:06 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Line breaks

Posted By Paul Scheifer

OK, I give. How are some of you getting your posts to keep line breaks here at Astromart Forums. Mine don't keep line breaks. Don? Walter? Paul

January 30, 2003 11:34 AM Forum: Binoviewers

To the Administrator

Posted By Paul Scheifer

Herb, Your directive that we not discuss Mr. Siebert has turned into a license for Mr. Siebert to post unsubstantiated accusations of wrongful conduct by others on review sites, as well as supportive posts from others that discuss his behavior. (I'm not talking about the comments on his equipment, which are appropriate.) I thought you said this topic was no longer allowed. Are Mr. Siebert and his supporters exempt from your directive. It only applies to people who are critical of him? What gives? You said people violating your directive would be removed from Astromart. Mr. Siebert has clearly violated your directive. Has he been removed? Paul

January 28, 2003 03:24 PM Forum: Binoviewers

So..........

Posted By Paul Scheifer

Hi Herb, Well, it hasn't gotten too nasty...yet. So.....far so good. Once again, thanks for the forum. Can't talk about this anywhere on Yahoo. Paul

January 29, 2003 11:46 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Poor choice of words - SORRY

Posted By Paul Scheifer

Herb, Are you saying that we shouldn't discuss Mr. Siebert's behavior on this forum? Funneling it to e-mails to Mr. Siebert defeats the purpose of a public forum. We need to know about people like Mr. Siebert, at least I do. Also, Mr. Siebert continues to make public accusations. He must be willing to receive public comment on those accusations. If you are saying we shouldn't discuss Harry publicly, then he will once again have suppressed public comment on his behavior. It's amazing to me that Yahoo, and now you(?), would function in such a way that a person with the lack of integrity that Mr. Siebert has demonstrated is successful in suppressing public comment about that behavior. I think criticism of his actions should be allowed to flower and blossom as long as people wish to discuss it. Paul

January 29, 2003 03:04 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Purchasing a Denkmeier Binoviewer soon

Posted By Paul Scheifer

Hi Don, Me too. (Buying a Denkmeier, that is - BTW, the lack of quoted text in these posts is very frustrating). But I need to know more. I don't even know wht a OCS is, for instance. But I think I'll wait for the binoviewer group to come on line again to ask all my questions. Using the format here for discussions is more than a little frustrating. To Herb, thanks for providing the temporary forum. It served a good purpose for this little interim. Paul