New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jerry Mason

August 30, 2007 06:21 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

going, going, gone

Posted By Jerry Mason

That is very cool! smile

I have an empty wall that would look great under such an image.

Jerry

October 23, 2007 07:18 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Nagler Tele Vue 4.8mm?

Posted By Jerry Mason

Harry,

I haven't had the chance to look through a Hyperion yet (my 24mm is on backorder) but I have owned a 4.8mm Nagler. Eye relief was uncomfortable for me so I replaced it with a 5mm T6. I found that if I removed the rubber eyecup I could get my eye close enough to see the entire field of view. It was a sharp eyepiece.

It's good to have choices and with Astromart you can always buy one, change your mind, then try the other.

Jerry

January 24, 2008 07:39 PM Forum: Eyepieces

free ethos compliments Uncle Sam

Posted By Jerry Mason

Darren Drake said:

So with this likely government check totalling at least $600 for every tax payer

Unfortunately not EVERY tax payer cwy

April 13, 2008 06:53 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Arizona in April

Posted By Jerry Mason

And here's a shot of the Watch Tower at the Grand Canyon south rim. If you look closely you can see the waxing crescent moon (it was taken during the late afternoon on Friday). Ordinarily, I wouldn't have posted the image (it's not that special) but the inclusion of the moon seemed to fit here on Astromart.

Jerry

April 21, 2008 07:54 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Joshua Tree the morning after...

Posted By Jerry Mason

Hey Linton,

that looks like the cottonwood area. how were the temps?

Jerry

April 23, 2008 09:50 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Myrtle Beach, SC at dusk

Posted By Jerry Mason

Beautiful shot Ivan! I really like how the muted soft ocean and sky contrast with the crisp pier.

Jerry

June 2, 2008 12:26 PM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Here's My Handgun Choice, Yours . . .?

Posted By Jerry Mason

Hello Lee,

I've always been a rifle shooter (M14 .308) but recently found I needed a handgun to use in photo shoots showcasing law enforcement gear. Most police officers I know carry Glocks but after shooting a number of different manufacturers firearms I decided on an HK USP .45. It's accurate, lightweight (well, especially when compared to my M14) and beautifully made. I like the de-cocking feature -- although I must admit it freaked me out the first time to watch the hammer snap down while a live round was in the chamber.

Attached is a crowded cover shot with my HK and its case in the rear.

Jerry

June 26, 2008 08:20 PM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Great Day for D.C.

Posted By Jerry Mason

It's quite a day! Finally clarification on that 2nd amendment. Wow.

September 4, 2008 02:38 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Lake Powell August 2008

Posted By Jerry Mason

Here's a typical sunset. This shot was taken from Last Chance Canyon about halfway between Wahweap and Dangling Rope Marinas.

September 5, 2008 11:38 AM Forum: Reflectors

Primary Mirror Cell

Posted By Jerry Mason

Joe,

University makes a 9 point floatation version of their standard mirror cell from 14" on down. They listed them for a short while last year but took them off their web page. I called a month ago and found out that they will still make them, you just need to call or e-mail and it will take a few weeks. They aren't that much more expensive either.

Jerry