Recommended

Herb

August 2, 2012 04:46 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Comments on the rate structure

Posted By ~ AstroMart LLC~

"FYI...

I work in marketing...
The $500 level is not well priced.

I can buy 500 ads over 10 years at the $15 for $150...

Someone willing to front you $500 for a lifetime to web site that could go away in 2 years (hope not) needs more love than that smile Just some marketing advice as that is my field...

Also that whole paragraph about the Blue support.. makes no sense... read it twice.. There has to be a clearer way to deal with that topic.. because while it won't apply to most people it leaves one feeling like this system is just too complex..

Same pricing laid out simply is more acceptable than something that is laid out complicated..

Like the site"

Point taken - Lifers are never going to have to pay for ads - the 500 is to keep the 1500 guys from becoming Lifers

Herb

August 2, 2012 04:49 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Number 2

"Hello,

Glad to see you are finally going to charge for use of Astromart as I have suggested several times over the years. I am however completely confused. You mention a "Blue" level of support and I can't even find a blue level. I see "brown", "red", "green" and "purple". What in the world is blue? Also, how did I not know about this $12 access fee that is going to be $15?

Are the annual dues replacing the voluntary support structure?

Just wondering,"

Blue sponsors are the garage dealers and OEMs without web sites - I may leave them as is the more I THINK ABOUT IT.

August 2, 2012 04:51 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

NUMBER 3

"My "support" of Astromart will end with this new policy's implementation. This used to be a free service when it began many years ago. I didn't mind a sign-up fee when you re-started the service, but I have no intention of paying an annual fee for "magazine-like" articles etc. I am here for one purpose only, to buy/sell astronomical gear. I subscribe to astronomical magazines for reading material regarding astronomy. It appears to me that you have become greedy at a time when people can least afford the extra expense, and I decline to participate. I think you will find that I am not the only member who will decline your 'service' when you incorporate this change. My business will be going to the Canadian site that offers a buy/sell service, and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know about this site as it remains what you used to be, namely, FREE!"

Some things are worth what you pay for them

Herb

August 5, 2012 09:55 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

For the concerned

30 new members in the first 4 days since the rates announced.

Relax please

Thank you
AstroMart.Com

August 6, 2012 04:54 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Whew... I feel a LOT safer with Holder on the job

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/06/justice-hits-gibson-guitars-with-300g-fine-over-fingerboards/

August 20, 2012 04:42 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

FAQ

If you want up to the second listings there are two ways to get that

$100 for Brown

$500 for Lifetime

You can also buy the other levels as desired

Thank you
AstroMart LLC
[email protected]

On Aug 20, 2012, at 8:06 AM,@yahoo.com> wrote:

I was looking at the new policy for the Astromart Annual subscription. I've never sold anything, but have bought several items. I don't anticipate selling items, but I don't want to exclude the possiblity. I'm mainly interested in:

"ONLY CURRENT SUPPORTERS WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET EMAILED ADS OR HAVE NO DELAY IN SEEING ADS - if you do not support you can have delays of up to 4 hours to see the current ads placed."

When I click the "Click here to view the available support options", the options appear to be very different, much more costly, and mainly geared towards sellers. What option fits me best, and how do I sign up? I'm happy to chip in and support your service.

Thanks

August 20, 2012 06:15 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Re: Terms of Service

How can we enforce what we do not know?

Send me an email - [email protected] after you send the person that did it a my message that there account can and will be banned or deleted if they rate those they didn't do an actual deal

AstroMart.Com

August 21, 2012 09:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

JPL decides AstroMart is not worthy of a seat..

... at the media table.

[email protected] has told us that S&T is okay Astronomy mag is okay - Space.Com is okay but AstroMart is not worthy of a seat at the media table.

We have provided her with this letter :

Astromart.Com has over 93,000 members - these are paid members with real addresses and phone numbers based on their credit card information and checked by their bank for accuracy.

We have a web site that is focused on astronomy. http://www.astromart.com

We are seeking the same access to JPL/NASA that Space.Com has.

Doug Peterson (email and phone number below ) will be our contact /reporter for JPL events in the Pasadena area.

We request that he be given Telecom update access as described in the phone call initiated to me - Herb York the morning of 8/21/12.

We request that we have access to Press Briefings as laid out for me in the same phone call the morning of 8/21/12 and you will provide Mr.Peterson the requirements for any background check information he will need turn over.

My phone # is 360-588-9000 - I own several web sites one of which is AstroMart.Com
I have other web sites that I have been required to get FBI background checks and provide finger prints and we are authorized to sell class 3 weapons to the military so if you like I can provide you with access to those if you need.

Mr Peterson has been on the JPL facilities. His phone # is edit

I assume these is the requirements you requested in the phone call of 8/21/12 - IF I have missed anything please get back to me promptly and I or Mr Peterson will respond post haste.

Thank you
Herb York
Owner
AstroMart LLC
www.AstroMart.Com
[email protected]

On Aug 7, 2012, at 9:23 PM, Dn wrote:

I used to be Perkin-Elmer's Quality Assurance liason to JPL years ago (Mars Observer Camera, etc.) and know my way around. As for my writing style, see my review of the Celestron 100ED spotter on AM, got me Review of the Week and some cash. Currently live in Santa Ana, a half hour away. Am Sr. Manufacturing Engineer for Newport corporation. See my profile on AM. edit.

Perhaps you would like to email Ms.Platt [email protected] and tell her yourself that AstroMart is important to you and we should have a seat at the table

Thank you
AstroMart.Com

August 21, 2012 09:44 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

JPL decides AstroMart is not worthy of a seat..

... at the media table.

[email protected] has told us that S&T is okay Astronomy mag is okay - Space.Com is okay but AstroMart is not worthy of a seat at the media table.

We have provided her with this letter :

Astromart.Com has over 93,000 members - these are paid members with real addresses and phone numbers based on their credit card information and checked by their bank for accuracy.

We have a web site that is focused on astronomy. http://www.astromart.com

We are seeking the same access to JPL/NASA that Space.Com has.

Doug Peterson (email and phone number below ) will be our contact /reporter for JPL events in the Pasadena area.

We request that he be given Telecom update access as described in the phone call initiated to me - Herb York the morning of 8/21/12.

We request that we have access to Press Briefings as laid out for me in the same phone call the morning of 8/21/12 and you will provide Mr.Peterson the requirements for any background check information he will need turn over.

My phone # is 360-588-9000 - I own several web sites one of which is AstroMart.Com
I have other web sites that I have been required to get FBI background checks and provide finger prints and we are authorized to sell class 3 weapons to the military so if you like I can provide you with access to those if you need.

Mr Peterson has been on the JPL facilities. His phone # is edit

I assume these is the requirements you requested in the phone call of 8/21/12 - IF I have missed anything please get back to me promptly and I or Mr Peterson will respond post haste.

Thank you
Herb York
Owner
AstroMart LLC
www.AstroMart.Com
[email protected]

On Aug 7, 2012, at 9:23 PM, Dn wrote:

I used to be Perkin-Elmer's Quality Assurance liason to JPL years ago (Mars Observer Camera, etc.) and know my way around. As for my writing style, see my review of the Celestron 100ED spotter on AM, got me Review of the Week and some cash. Currently live in Santa Ana, a half hour away. Am Sr. Manufacturing Engineer for Newport corporation. See my profile on AM. edit.

Perhaps you would like to email Ms.Platt [email protected] and tell her yourself that AstroMart is important to you and we should have a seat at the table

Thank you
AstroMart.Com