My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James DellaPenna

June 16, 2003 08:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Chromacorr/Achromatic matching?

Posted By James DellaPenna

In a previous thread last week Jim Gleason said best results using a Chromacorr with an achro is obtained by getting them "matched". What exactly does this mean and how would I match a Chromacorr with a used CR-150?

June 22, 2003 10:36 AM Forum: Meade

Meade AR-6 origin?

What western Pacific company actually builds the Meade AR-6 refractor?

June 22, 2003 06:48 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

C9.25 on the LXD55

Will a C9.25 dovetail fit comfortably in the LXD55 mount or is it a tight fit? I ask this because another poster said that Meade dovetails are a few millimeters narrower than other brands, which causes slop when placed in other mounts. This would suggest that the dovetail receptacle on the LXD55 may also be a few millimeters narrower than other brands. Anybody know? Anyone using a C9.25 on the LXD55?

July 27, 2003 09:51 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

LXD55 assistance

How does one adjust an LXD55 to stop the jerking motion of the tracking drive? Can this be done simply by adjustment or does it require the LXD55 hyperkit service?

Please do no direct me to the yahoo discussion group. I joined that group, can sign in, but am unable to navigate thereafter,----very frustrating!

August 11, 2003 02:03 PM Forum: Meade

Solar filter source for AR6?

Who makes a solar filter that fits the Meade AR6? Requires filter with 8" inside diameter. I'm talking reasonably priced glass filter similar to the Orion model.

August 12, 2003 06:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Solar filter for AR6?

Who makes a solar filter (something equivalent to an Orion) to fit the Meade AR6? The AR6 has a large dew shield requiring a filter with an 8" I.D.

August 24, 2003 08:19 AM Forum: Meade

LXD55 advice needed

How can I manually input deep sky objects into the GO TO function so I can avoid endless scrolling through hundreds of objects in the deep sky memory? Can it be done? If it can be done the instruction manual fails to explain how.

If it can be done please provide detailed step-by-step instructions. It will be immensly appreciated. Thank you.

August 25, 2003 09:13 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

LXD55 advice needed

Since very few members are using the Meade forum I am reposting here.

How can I manually input deep sky objects into the GO TO function so I can avoid endless scrolling through hundreds of objects in the deep sky memory? The instruction manual makes no mention of maunual input for GO TO so I don't even know if it can be done. The only instructions I can find on manual input are for items not already listed in the Autostar memory.

If it can be done please provide detailed step-by-step instructions. It will be immensly appreciated.

August 31, 2003 02:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade 32mm SWA-vs.-?

I now have pretty much everything I want in eyepieces except a good low power 2" wide angle. I do not own any other 2" eyepieces but do have the William Optics 2" diagonal to accomodate one.

Would like to hear pros & cons of the Meade 32mm SWA. Cloudy Nights has no review of this piece. My greatest concerns regarding a wide angle in this range are possible kidney bean or vignetting. My scopes are C9.25 & AR6. Are there other eyepieces that would perform better than the Meade in the same price range? Fire away.

September 18, 2003 07:33 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Opinions, please.

Disregarding such issues as color abberation and focus tube quality, should a TV 102 be expected to optically outperform an AR6 on planets?