Ron Masters

Spiky Spica

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James DellaPenna

April 1, 2008 12:52 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Re: TeleVue Ethos eyepiece can damage vision?

Posted By James DellaPenna

Ed,

Sounds like an April Fool's joke!

December 27, 2008 09:05 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Getting cut off while typing a post

Does anyone know how much time AM allows before cutting you off due to perceived lack of activity? I've learned the hard way that if I plan to think a response through while creating a Forum post, by the time I hit POST I've been cut off! So far, the only way I know to get around this is either adopt Herb's love for brevity or write it all down separately the way I want it before signing back on to AM to post a reply. Any tricks to avoid getting cut off too soon?

Jim

May 16, 2009 01:21 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Hockey poll?

Any chance for a hockey playoffs poll on the home page?

June 24, 2009 07:47 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Down for maintenance

How long is the "down for maintenance" expected to continue? Search Classifieds has not been possible for several days now.

September 19, 2009 08:16 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Classified search problems

Sorry to bring up a repeat complaint but I continue to have problems with the classified search feature. I wanted to get used prices on two EP's I may sell sometime, a 35mm Panoptic and 8mm Stratus. The search for 8mm Stratus works fine. The search for the 35mm constantly yields the "AM down for maintenance" message. I have tried:

35mm Panoptic
35mm
Panoptic
Tele Vue 35mm
TeleVue 35mm

Nothing works. I was apparently under the mistaken impression this search problem had been resolved. Herb, would you kindly look into this at your convenience? Thank you.

Jim

May 15, 2010 07:09 PM Forum: Refractors

Antares 812 GP by Skywatcher Telescopes

Help! I'm in the process of liguidating some astronomy gear for my deceased brother-in-law's estate. The only item I'm having difficulty pricing is his refractor OTA which simply says "Antares 812 GP by Skywatcher Telescopes". I estimate the scope was constructed in 2003 or 2004. It has the Skywatcher navy blue motiff. Apparently some of these were built in Japan by Vixen and some were Chinese built. Due to the fact it does not appear to have an adjustable lens I suspect it is the Chinese version but don't know for certain.

Is anyone familiar enough with these OTA's to tell me how to determine where this one was built?

May 16, 2010 02:21 PM Forum: Mounts

CG5 --vs-- Super Polaris question

Anybody know if the mounting bolt for a CG5 mount is compatible with a Super Polaris mount?

May 16, 2010 07:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CG5 --vs-- Super Polaris question

I posted this question under "mounts" but I guess not too many folks go there.

Does anyone know if the thru hub mounting bolt for a CG5 is compatible with the Super Polaris mount?

November 29, 2010 04:38 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Spell Check on Forums?

Why is Spell Check unavailable when posting on the forums. Every time I try it a window pops up saying "Server Is Not Available". This has happened on several occasions recently.

December 29, 2010 01:24 PM Forum: Celestron

Parts?

We used to purchase parts directly from Celestron but I thought I read somewhere that Celestron no longer does that. True? Not true? Example: Eyepiece holder/stiffening wedge for CG5 tripods.