My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Paul Atkinson

August 4, 2004 12:47 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Custom Eyepiece Case Makers?

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Does anyone know if there are any custom EP case makers still out there? Am I missing any here on Astromart?

Paul Atkinson

August 6, 2004 05:22 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

58mm Nebula Filters for Bino's?

Posted By Paul Atkinson

I have a pair of Canon 50mm IS bino's coming. I know you can get a 58mm UV filter, but does anyone know if there is a 58mm Nebula filter. I have seen them from IDAS but I think those are more for ccd, correct? They are also very expensive. $239 each. Could you use a step down ring of some kind to use existing 48mm filters?

Paul Atkinson

August 7, 2004 01:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Starlight Contact Information??

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Does anyone have the email contact to Starlight Instruments. I used to have it but it has been wiped from my address book and I need to get hold of them. If I recall correct it was ........@megsinet.net or .com but I can't remember the first part or recall 100% the last part. Anyone that can pass it on to me I'd be much obliged.

Paul Atkinson

August 20, 2004 08:54 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Astronomers Hurricane Charley Relief Fund - HELP

Posted By Paul Atkinson

I know that this is off topic. However, I also know that this is the most read forum and felt I could reach the most astronomers here. Many of you know me from posting here and my business AstroPro Products. You may not know that I live in Ft. Myers a mere 8 miles from Sanibel and Captiva Islands which were devastated by Hurricane Charley along with other areas like Punta Gorda, Charlotte and Desoto County, and the town of Arcadia.

Simply put, things here are bad. I am sure you have seen the news, read the stories and seen the pictures. However, unless you are right in the middle of it, it is hard to fathom. There are people that desperately need help. I fared much better than most and had some damage to my home and lost power for 6 1/2 days. Others have nothing... no homes, no water, no power, no life. Sure insurance will cover a lot but it will take time to get to everyone and there are those who need assistance right NOW! It is hot, the misquitos are horrible, and life is miserable.

Being the kind of person that can't sit back, I am organizing through my business AstroPro Products an Astronomer's Relief Fund in conjunction with the American Red Cross. These funds will go directly to helping the victims in our community RIGHT HERE and RIGHT NOW to buy simple neccessities to get by. This money WILL NOT go into their general fund.

If you feel like helping, please make checks payable to (DO NOT SEND CASH):

AMERICAN RED CROSS
SUBJECT LINE: Hurricane Charley Relief Fund

Mail them to:

AstroPro Products
Attn: Astronomers Relief Fund
14401 Pine Lily Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33908

I know that the people I have met and done business with here on Astromart are good people. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul Atkinson
AstroProProducts

August 21, 2004 03:18 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

New Meade QX Superwide EP's

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Wow. The winds of change are certainly under way. Meade has a new line of QX Superwide Angle EP's available. They are relatively inexpensive also compared to other 70 degree FOV EP's. There is a 15mm, 20mm, 26mm, and 36mm model and range in price from $79 to $99 each. Here is more information and link to the site where I found them.

-Fully multi-coated optics for maximum light transmission
-Super vide 70° apparent field of view
-5-element optical design provides clear, sharp, high- contrast images
-Lens edges blackened to minimize internal reflections and improve contrast
-Superior contrast and pinpoint resolution

http://telescopes.net/ACCESSORIES/MEADE__ACCESSORIES/M_-_GENERAL_ACCESSORIES/M_-_EYEPIECES/m_-_eyepieces.html

August 24, 2004 02:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Takahashi Collimating Telescope 2

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Kurt,
Can this collimating telescope work with SCT's?

Paul Atkinson

August 25, 2004 06:49 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tak Collimating Scope and SCT's

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Has anyone out there tried this tool on an SCT? If so, what was the result?

Paul Atkinson

August 25, 2004 06:50 PM Forum: Takahashi

Tak Collimating Scope and SCT's

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Has anyone out there tried this tool on an SCT? If so, what was the result?

Paul Atkinson

September 15, 2004 05:43 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Need someone to anodize small parts

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Try "Precise Parts" who is also a vendor here on Astromart.

Paul Atkinson

September 15, 2004 06:22 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Wow!

Posted By Paul Atkinson

Talk about ruining a night of viewing.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/ivan091504-2015z.jpg