My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Bruce Rodgers

June 6, 2005 08:08 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Sun at Cherry Springs

Posted By Bruce Rodgers

This picture was taken at the Cherry Springs Star Party on 06/05/05. I held a Sony 4300 up to a PST. Astrophotographer I'll never be, and the picture is not great, but I was happy that it even turned out. Anyone who can touch it up to make the flares stand out more, feel free.

Bruce Rodgers

November 21, 2007 10:43 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

fan speed control

Posted By Bruce Rodgers

I recently got a 12v dc power source for my dob and want to use it to run my cooling fan. I have a cigarette adapter plug to hook up to the fan. My question is: what do I use to control the speed of the fan? I want to be able to adjust it.

Thanks,

Bruce Rodgers

October 18, 2005 11:56 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

DSC Encoder mounting

Posted By Bruce Rodgers

Hi Floyd,
How did you know it was the mounting arm and how does the mounting arm cause errors? I've never given much thought to my mounting arms.
Thanks,
Bruce Rodgers

January 20, 2006 07:53 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

How would you rate this one ?

Posted By Bruce Rodgers

Generally I would say that once you agreed to anything less than your original ad, the whole deal becomes a negotiation. He made an offer and you accepted it. If he lived up to the deal you accepted, it is a good transaction and should be rated that way. Now, it may not be a deal that you liked because the terms weren't even or in your favor, but if he lived up to the "deal", I would say you have to give him a favorable rating. Whether you choose to do business with him in the future is up to you. You could have simply refused his offer.

Bruce

August 29, 2006 06:54 AM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Paul Rini

Posted By Bruce Rodgers

I saw Paul at the South Jersey Star Party back in April. He is doing well but said he was no longer making eye pieces and that he sold all of his remaing ep's to Telescope Wharehouse.

Bruce Rodgers