My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Deb Harper

August 10, 2006 06:12 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Van Allen Dies

Posted By Deb Harper

Many years ago Dr. Van Allen was giving a lecture on the belts. When asked, "but Professor, what are they FOR?" he replied, "I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been making a good living off them for years."

March 10, 2007 07:05 AM Forum: Pet Pics

And then there were two...

Posted By Deb Harper

Beautiful dogs. Thank you for rescuing them. I'm sure they'll help you get your 10,000 steps every day and stay healthy for years.

June 1, 2007 06:50 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Interesting TSP Personalities

Posted By Deb Harper

You now can quantitate your own nerdliness. I only came out as 84%. Gee I hope I don't get kicked off of Astromart wink :

http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php?im

April 3, 2008 06:22 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Square Dancing?

Posted By Deb Harper

Our entire family contra dances and occasionally square dances. Or, as our sons referred to it when they were teens, "the stupid dances that we hate that our parents make us do". They've continued in the tradition at college. If for no other reason than you get to dance with a lot of cute girls.

And you haven't swung until you've danced with someone who really understands angular momentum.

wink

Deb

July 14, 2008 06:00 AM Forum: Home Observatories

huge stinging insects

Posted By Deb Harper

If you're in a 4 season area it helps to put up wasp traps with the earliest sign of warming. Then the females looking for nests get taken out of business and your summer will be a lot better.

If you're one of those poor folks who live where it is always warm and cloudless, well, golly. Never mind.

December 24, 2008 06:32 AM Forum: Pet Pics

Sparky Personality

Posted By Deb Harper

Ha! That's how MY hair looks in the dry cold (and after taking my toque off).

February 26, 2009 06:11 AM Forum: Pet Pics

Road Kill ?

Posted By Deb Harper

I think I have found the first lifestyle mentor I can follow. smile

March 31, 2009 10:03 AM Forum: Pet Pics

Let's hear some chatter!

Posted By Deb Harper

OK - the melting snow has exposed some of the travels and travails of the woodland creatures among us. Here Gabby has found a new souvenir shop. Not a Disney flick kind. . . shocked

April 26, 2009 05:50 AM Forum: Pet Pics

Poppet Has a Play Date

Posted By Deb Harper

Here is Tilly, also a poodle/shih tzu mix. Yes, a beautiful face.

July 19, 2009 05:49 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Total Knee replacement, anyone have?

Posted By Deb Harper

My dad had a total knee in his 70's - he was able to get his golf score down below his age because of the new knee. It was a long process and a lot of physical therapy to heal but it has been worth it!

Another friend of mine (BIG guy, former semi-pro basketball player) did BOTH knees at once ("I'm such a chicken, I know if I have one done I'll never have the guts to do the other"). He also is doing very well.

Good luck and best wishes!