Posts Made By: Christine Canelos Welsh

February 20, 2005 03:59 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Enee Point

Posted By Christine Canelos Welsh

At the end of Meeney Ridge.
Just above Miney Hollow.
Right down the road from Moe Creek.
grin

At Governor Dodge State Park, SW Wisconsin, last fall.

Cheers!
ccw

April 28, 2005 06:43 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Salt Lake Sunset

I took these from the Great Salt Lake State Park, just west of Salt Lake City. I was going for some reflections, but the sunset was a little murky and unfortunately it didn't light up the Wasatch as much as I was hoping.

April 29, 2005 03:26 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Little Beggar

This little fellow was kind enough to pose for me at a picnic area in the Point Reyes National Seashore, CA. I got the feeling he has become accustomed to handouts during the busy season.
Cheers,
ccw

April 29, 2005 06:00 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Sleeping Beauties

There is a colony of sea lions that have taken up residence at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Quite the crowd pleasers I'm told, but apparently we were there at naptime.

zzz..zz.zz.zzzzzz....zzzzzz

April 29, 2005 06:52 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Coastal blossoms

I took these at the Point Reyes National Seashore, just north of San Francisco. If you ever get the chance, you must go there. Beautiful place!

Coastal Iris. They were everywhere!

May 4, 2005 04:57 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

On the Nest

I believe this is a curve-billed thrasher. It was nesting in a very thick cactus and it did not appreciate my presence. This was the best I could get. Not much, but I liked the effect.
ccw

May 4, 2005 01:43 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

For Jim Taylor

Dear Jim,
As I was walking through my dad’s woods a few weeks ago, I found myself asking, “What is it that makes Jim Taylor’s photos so good?” The composition - of course; color – yes; use of light – you bet! But it is also the artful way you coax exceptional images out of the most humble subject.

As I’m shooting I try to keep those qualities in mind, and once in a while (if I’m lucky) I get something worthy of posting. Though we have never met, you have been an influential teacher.

Thanks for all the photos you’ve posted for me in the past. Here’s one for you.
Best regards,
Christine

May 5, 2005 04:38 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Muir Woods

We visited Muir Woods National Monument at the end of March. It is a beautiful place!

May 6, 2005 06:10 AM Forum: Religion

Reason and Faith

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson

May 6, 2005 05:35 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Point Reyes

Yes, Clyde we did. smile

I have over 50 photos from Point Reyes and that's only the ones I kept! Here are a few. I posted some of the wild flowers from Pt. Reyes over on the "Insects..etc" forum.

Regards,
ccw
p.s. glad you liked the Jefferson quote.