Posts Made By: Christine Canelos Welsh

November 29, 2005 03:15 PM Forum: Pet Pics

The Usual Suspects

Posted By Christine Canelos Welsh

"Just the facts, Ma'am. Do any of these look like the thief that stole your Thanksgiving turkey?"

grin

November 30, 2005 07:40 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Starved Rock

This is a series of photos taken in early October at Starved Rock State Park. I've lived within 80 miles of this park all my life and had never been there before. My mistake! I'll sure be going back.

This is the view looking up the Illinois River from the actual "Starved Rock".

January 11, 2006 08:31 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

A Little Bit of Color

I *really* need a dose of sunshine! Looks like we're not going to get any for a while so I had to dig into the archives, just to refresh my senses a bit. Here's some irises from last year.

Dreamin' of Spring,
Christine

January 18, 2006 09:51 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Nothin' like a nap!

Got my pillow, got my blankie...zzzz..zz..zzzzz...zzzz....

January 26, 2006 10:21 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

A little more color

Here's a few more from last summer.

Wild columbine at sunset at Wyalusing State Park, WI. The focus was a little soft, but I liked the contrasting colors.

February 3, 2006 05:52 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

From the archives

Here's one my son, Jeff took last summer down on my dad's farm. I thought this was pretty cool. He has a unique perspective, my young man!
smile

February 23, 2006 08:14 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

On Frozen Pond

Here are a few macro shots I took a few weeks ago at Starved Rock S.P.

It had been warm & dry, so there was not much ice in the canyons. It did get cold overnight and the trickles of water were starting to freeze, making for some interesting effects. Like these leaves frozen just under the surface.

March 23, 2006 03:07 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Cool Idea

I was researching something entirely non-astronomical and seredipitously came across this via the "Internet Public Library" site.

I'm passing this along on the IDA forum, but also here because it's something that everyone can easily participate in. I thought it was pretty cool, and who know, might be helpful.

http://www.globe.gov/GaN/index.html

What a great idea - it's targeted to the general public, not just astronomers. Pass it along!

Regards,
ccw

May 23, 2006 03:39 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Squirrel Family

This morning my dog was in a tizzy in the back yard - nothing new there, but when I went out to get her, I saw why. There was a mother squirrel trying to teach her babies how to jump from tree to tree, but they were reluctant to leave their perch on my neighbor's cart. I'll be cussing at them later in the summer, but they sure are cute when they're little!

May 31, 2006 10:00 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Wild Geraniums

We were up in Hartman Creek State Park, WI, and the woods were full of them!
ccw