My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Christine Canelos Welsh

November 26, 2003 07:44 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Hey....

Posted By Christine Canelos Welsh

...Happy Thanksgiving, Herb! Thanks for all the work you do in maintaining such a great site. Many blessings to you and your family.
Regards,
Christine

December 8, 2003 01:23 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Re: Mushroom-Sand

Neat! I'm almost expecting something to peek out from underneath!
clc

December 17, 2003 09:05 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Greetings

Holiday Greetings to All!

December 24, 2003 08:35 AM Forum: Religion

By the way...

....some of you have made some pretty insensitive remarks toward people who hold beliefs different from your own. Those directed toward Brien S. questioning his sanity for his literalist view were particularly childish. If those remarks were meant to be facetious and therefore funny, it did not translate well on the screen. Luckily for Brien he is endowed with a sense of humor, and a sense of faith that cannot be shaken.

If you want to put forth your own point of view, learn to do it in a respectful way, in the good faith (pardon the pun) that persons of opposing beliefs will also respect yours. You will get far more out of the discussion that way than by slamming them.

December 24, 2003 09:12 AM Forum: Religion

Sacrifice

I hope you don't mind, but I'm moving this to a new thread for the sake of scrolling ease.

">>From the foundation of the world it was known that a blood sacrifice would be necessary to remove sin...<<

Paul K. "I have always found this very notion exceedingly odd and philosophically inexplicable. *How* can a blood sacrifice, whether it's a man, or a goat, or whatever, remove sin? What have the two things got to do with each other?"

The closest I came to understanding this was in the concept of "grace", as in saying grace before a meal and being thankful for what you have. My personal theory is that the roots of sacrifice go back to prehistoric times when life was brutally harsh and belief in deities was highly individualistic. It was you and the elements and whatever god was in those elements from which you took your nourishment. You had better recognize that and give some of it back, or the cycle might not get renewed and you'll be left with nothing.

December 29, 2003 06:56 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Re: Sunrise Today

Awesome, James, what a way to start the day! Quite a mix of colors there!
Cheers,
Christine

December 30, 2003 07:39 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Never Discourage a Kid

We were visiting my dad on a very dismal, drizzly day in November, and my son wanted to borrow my camera. I kept telling him there was nothing to shoot, the film's too slow, it would be too dark, etc, but he wouldn't give up until I gave him the camera. He ended up getting several surprisingly nice shots. Here are two of my favorites. His name is Jeff, by the way.

Clovers and raindrops....

December 31, 2003 06:18 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Re: Sunrise on Lake Whitney

Delightful, James! Nice way to finish off the year!
Happy New Year to you too,
Christine

January 20, 2004 10:24 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Just a hello!

Just caught up on all the excellent photos of the past couple of weeks. Wish I had time to comment on all of them, but I'm afraid it would just be a long series of "wow"s!!

Wonderful stuff! Also, nice self-portraits too!
Regards to all,
clc

January 21, 2004 08:43 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Re: Sun and Contrail

James, So cool and so many details to look at! Love the rainbow effect on the left.
You're having fun with your new toys aren't you!
Cheers,
clc