Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Andromeda Galaxy M31

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Anthony Lutton

April 12, 2002 07:39 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Great change

Posted By Anthony Lutton

I really like being able to see at a glance which posts are new in the forums... Astromart has improved 1000% in like a week! This is great.

April 24, 2002 09:36 AM Forum: Star Parties

Ohio???

Posted By Anthony Lutton

Anybody know of good starparties in Ohio, or somewhere within a few hours of central Ohio coming up soon??

May 26, 2002 07:39 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Re: Lights on moon??

Posted By Anthony Lutton

Not sure what those are, but it'll be interesting to see some of the guesses! I'd have to guess it's a mountain range that is catching the sunlight at an odd angle, maybe just appears really bright due to being in a darker area of the photo??

June 12, 2002 05:16 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Spectroscopy??

Posted By Anthony Lutton

Although I do not have a CCD camera for my scope yet... as a chemist and spectroscopy enthusiast (Raman/Rayleigh scattering) I have the pleasure of using an ST10 and a few other high end CCD's to do chemical spectroscopy. Does anyone do stellar spectroscopy with their CCD's??? Has anyone with a permanent setup tried to calculate redshifts or calculate planetary revolutions with a CCD?? Just wonderin!

June 25, 2002 07:41 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Does anyone love their zoom??

Posted By Anthony Lutton

I recently purchased a Meade Zoom even after reading the negatives about one. I'll admit, compared to the 12mm Radian it's a little outclassed on the stars sharp to the edge, but I've fallen in love with the zoom. It is so wonderfully convenient to view the moon and globulars at many magnifications without ever taking the eyepiece out!! A little wider field at 24mm would be nice, but it's no big deal... How many others out there really like their zoom??

September 16, 2002 09:49 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Want advice on next lens for camera...

Posted By Anthony Lutton

Ok, here's the deal. I've been easing into astrophotography for about 18mths now. I use an Olympus OM-1, 28mm lens and 50mm lens. I've taken lots of star trails and decided to move on. The last 8 or 9 months I've used them piggyback on my SCT/losmandy rail and have really taken some great shots. What lens should I move to next? My favorite shot so far (with 50mm lens at f/8, 20 mins) is of M31... I need more focal length as the galaxy is about 3/4 of an inch long! What would be a good choice of usefulness, cost and quality that you see as the next logical step? Thanks guys!

October 16, 2002 02:36 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Digital or not to Digital??

Posted By Anthony Lutton

That is the question smile

Anyways, I've been really enjoying my film camera experience, and have no intentions of moving to CCD yet. What I REALLY want to get is a digital camera as my vacation camera, lunar camera, sports camera... a do all digi cam if you like. What cameras UNDER $450 right now would you suggest? I've looked at the Nikon Coolpix 995, but it's a tiny bit out of the price I'd like to spend, and it's a bit on the large side for a travel camera. I've also looked at the Nikon Coolpix 2500, which is small and lightweight, but it's only 2MP and only has an LCD screen, so the batteries are used whenever the camera is on.

So which camera(s) would everyone suggest that is a good quality camera, takes Good to Very Good pictures (2.0 Megapixels and up), has good color balance in photos, durable???

October 24, 2002 08:16 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Few questions to the digi cam guys

Posted By Anthony Lutton

Ok, after having my arm twisted by you guys to get a Nikon Coolpix 4500 (haha), now I'm ready to really learn. So...
1) I've got a mount I'm going to use that is like the Steadypix, what eyepieces are best for afocal?
2)What are you using to add all the frames together? I have Adobe Photoshop 7 Premier, but I never have used it. Not having a camera didn't help either.
3)I saw some good links on how to adjust curves/histograms etc... can anyone post those for me?

Isn't astromart great??? I am gonna guess that within 36 hours I'll have answers to all of these questions smile Thanks guys/gals!

November 8, 2002 12:59 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Nikon 4500 mount

Posted By Anthony Lutton

What is the best way to go about mounting a Nikon 4500 to a LX200? Scopetronix sells a few different methods, Orion has a few also. Thanks!

November 8, 2002 12:59 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Nikon 4500 mount?

Posted By Anthony Lutton

What is the best way to go about mounting a Nikon 4500 to a LX200? Scopetronix sells a few different methods, Orion has a few also. Thanks!