Posts Made By: Richard Beasley

June 11, 2004 02:12 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

GPDX Mount w/ Tak FCL Tripod?

Posted By Richard Beasley

Has anyone used a GPDX mount with a FCL Tak Tripod? Is it sturdier than the HAL110? How much more does it weigh?

TIA,
Richard

May 6, 2005 01:00 AM Forum: Celestron

22" Celestron SCT?

Anyone ever see one of the famed 22"er? I am wondering if one has been for sale on Astromart, and a price?

Clear skies,
Richard

May 19, 2005 08:32 PM Forum: Refractors

Re: vixen 102

MARK PAJOR said:

hi guys, i own a vixen/orion 102 refractor with a fixed lens,fl 1000 f/9 although there are no serial numbers to be found, by me or others, i know i have no false color, and very small halos on brighter stars, none whatsoever, on the moon, even at high power above 250 mag. so what do i have as well what would be a fair price to ask for a scope like this. i do have pics of lens and tube , thanx mark

If the focal length is 1000mm then you have a 102 F9.8 Acro. It is a very nice little scope. The ED versions are F9 I believe.

Good luck,
Richard

May 20, 2005 08:10 PM Forum: Refractors

What Would You Do?

Hey group just bought a Televue 102 used. It arrived out of collimation. I am going to use this scope for a couple of months until my scope is ready. I can collimate it myself, or I can send it to TV at a cost of $215.00. I guess my question is how much is the resell going to be hurt by an owner collimated 102. More than $215?

Clear skies,
Richard

August 5, 2006 05:36 PM Forum: Eyepieces

12mm Nagler Type IV

Are there any users of the 12mm & 22mm type 4 Naglers here? I have the 22, but never have used the 12. The 22 is the only eyepiece I have used where I felt I was going to fall into the FOV. Is the 12 the same in that regard?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

August 13, 2006 08:23 PM Forum: Refractors

Orion 100ED Lens Cell Question

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I have a C102HD Refractor. It was a gift from the wife. Will the lens cell from the 100ED screw onto the C102 Tube? I have the Chinese version of the 102 from several years ago.

Does the 100ED use a screw on lens cell? What is the tube diameter of the 100ED?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

August 17, 2006 03:11 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Illuminated Sketch Pad

I saw a red light, back lit sketch pad online in the past. I have been searching like mad to find it now. Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks,
Richard

August 20, 2006 10:21 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Beginning Astrophotography?

Hopefully this is the right forum.

I have a hankering to try some astrophotography on the cheap. I have a G11 Gemini, and a 6" F8 APO refractor. For this combo will the Orion Starshoot, or the Meade DSI be a good choice?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

August 23, 2007 08:59 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Celestron CPC 11" OTA ?

I have to admit I have been out of the loop on the new Celestron scopes. It appears the OTA is different on the CPC, than the OTA's that are purchased separately. Am I right? Are the CPC OTA's a cost cutting measure? Are there any reoccurring problems noted?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

August 24, 2007 03:02 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: GANG MEMBERS

The reason you got picked on is because this is the first post by you that contains a question. The others were incoherent ramblings.

As for balls to ask the questions, It had never occurred to me to ask. It appears the featured ads rotate similar to the listing of supporters and sponsors. Each time I go to the home page the ads are different. I guess I could run some statistics to see if we are getting our fair share. Stop watches, charts, graphs, and complex calculations. But since I really don't care one way or the other I will leave it up to you.

As far as rating sponsors I really don't care about that either. Sometimes in life you have to take a chance. The difference with rating normal users is people feel more comfortable usually dealing with a business, than a stranger they don't know. If the person has 500 ratings, and all are good then most will feel a little better about sending them $500 in hopes of receiving an item described accurately. The businesses mostly deal with new products, so they should not be all scratched or damaged.

Richard

Keith Estes said:

I must of ended up it the bad part of town! Little scary to ask an honest question and get attached for it. So here it goes again.

Why can't we rate sponsors??

Why are my featured adds not rotated to the entrance page fairly?

And please, don't answer with another question! I can't believe nobody else has the balls to ask a question like this. But have no problem attacking me. It really is a gang mentally.