Posts Made By: Ron Streetenberger

September 17, 2003 08:03 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

The Power Of Digiscoping

Posted By Ron Streetenberger

This image, and the the one following are of the same subject: a cascade falling down a steep mountainside not far from Mora, New Mexico. This first image approximates what can be seen with the naked eye. The cascade is located top center in the photo.

September 17, 2003 08:12 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

The Power of Digiscoping, Part 2

Digiscoping the cascade reveals that the cascade is eminating from a cave. This image represents a power factor of about 60X, and was done with a Pentax PF80-ED at 37X coupled to a Canon A70 near maximum zoom(110mm). The camera to subject range was at least 1/2 mile.

September 18, 2003 06:29 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Digiscoping, Part 2, Correction

This image was actually taken from 1.4 miles away.

October 4, 2003 02:01 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Anyone Know what the heck this is?????, part 1.

Early this evening, I noticed a very small lump of stuff moving across my patio. Looking at it with a 20X magnifier, I saw that it was covered with about seven or more piss ants(in Yankee talk, little bitty black ants). It appeared to me that these were its next meals. After removing its larder I took this picture of it on a toothpick.

October 4, 2003 02:06 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Anyony Know what the heck this is???< Part 2

This view of the insect reveals the jaws of this little rascal.

October 11, 2003 06:29 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

New Mexico Sunset

Taken from the edge of Taos last month.

October 16, 2003 09:28 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Re: Film Is Good, But--------

Steve, looks like this topic has found its Oberstfuhrer. Keep up the fine work und sieg heil!

October 23, 2003 01:44 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Male and female Shovelers

I was surprised to see the difference of eye color between the male and female. This was the first time I saw this species.
Pentax PF80-ED spotter at 37x, Canon A70 digicam at 50mm equiv. Picture cropped to 4x.

October 27, 2003 10:56 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Heron Head

This is a tight crop of a shot I took last week. Distance was over 100 yards. Taken through 14mm eyepiece on Pentax 80mm spotter, with Canon A70(no zoom factor).

November 4, 2003 06:50 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Monarch Butterfly

The Monarchs are migrating late this year. Took this shot today. I think that the underside of the Monarch's wing is it's most beautiful attribute.

Canon A70, macro, full zoom.