Posts Made By: Ron Streetenberger

November 13, 2003 11:58 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Focal Length vs. Power

Posted By Ron Streetenberger

I have not yet been able to absolutely relate focal length in millimeters to power. I have always thought that 100mm was the equivilent to 2x. If I take a shot at 105mm zoom through a 37 power eyepiece, what is the assumed focal length of this combination in millimeters? Anyone?

November 22, 2003 04:05 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Summer Cooler

Here is a photo of my favorite spot in the world. It's on the upper Cossatot River in western Arkansas. The river bisects my 15 acres for 1000 feet. It is spring fed and very cool.

November 28, 2003 10:08 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Red Bellied Woodpecker Nest

Found this split log while loading up firewood. I'm going to glue it back together and wire it to a tree in the yard, then see if anyone moves in.

December 3, 2003 03:48 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Texas' Devils River

Here is a very interesting download about a little known Jewel.
http://nature.org/pressroom/press/press1126.html

December 17, 2003 03:07 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

WHERE ARE WE???????

I often wonder where the contributors to this forum call home. Let me be the first to disclose this info: Euless, Texas, which abuts the western boundary of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport.

January 11, 2004 04:37 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Upside-down Goldfinch feeder.

My sister in Michigan sent this to me for Xmas. Lots of fun watching them feed this way. I've never seen a feeder like this before.

January 13, 2004 03:56 PM Forum: Investment Discussions

Safest Investments

Determine which direction your nearest urban area is spreading. Buy any raw land at least ten miles away in that same direction. Double your investment in one to five years.

January 16, 2004 10:34 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Male Goldfinches in Transition.

These guys are in the process of attaining their dull winter plumage.

January 26, 2004 10:09 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

GUN SALES FORBIDDEN ON ASTROMART.

Could anyone tell me why the Astromart "classifieds" disallow the selling of guns? The guaranteed keeping and bearing of arms is the only amendment to our Constitution that suffers such discrimination. Can you imagine what would happen if Astromart denied women the right to place ads? What would you think if Astromart was biased against Newtonian scopes and rejected any sale, or even mention of same?

Being a Texan, and a CHL holder, I will always be able to protect myself and my loved ones against anyone attempting to cause us harm: And I won't be using a long focal length refractor.

January 30, 2004 03:44 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

I HAD NO IDEA

I would never have guessed how many people wanted government control over what personal property they wanted to buy, sell, or trade. Am I the only forum participant that wants as little government than is necessary? There is really only one thing that I would like our government to do: Make a U.S.A. passport a requirement to vote in any government election. That's what government control is all about. Anyone who thinks that this is a bad idea is a bad citizen.