My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jose Suro

July 26, 2003 02:56 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Mars in six scopes - the scopes

Posted By Jose Suro

These were modeled in Aberrator as perfect scopes with no optical aberrations in perfect seeing - all at 400x.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 2, 2003 03:37 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Photosolve

Posted By Jose Suro

I do this very rarely but in this case I must make an exception. Photosolve.com carries a wide variety of adapters and related stuff for digital cameras. I order a lot of stuff on the net from many different outfits and I have to say that this company is as much a first rate outfit as I've ever had the opportunity to do business with - ever. Service is outstanding and so is the quality of the products.

I rarely do this because I feel it's the same as recommending restaurants - you never know when they'll go South on you. Thought I'd pass this one along though.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 3, 2003 07:15 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

My First Try at Mars

Posted By Jose Suro

I got this Olympus C4000Z for my birthday last Tuesday and this morning figured what the hey - so I slapped it on a tripod and put it right up to a 10mm Radian on my NexStar 11 GPS, set the camera on manual at 640x480 with multi-shot drive on and took 36 pictures, of which I kept six. I overexposed them so the end result was a bit over-processed. I learned a lot from this first try.

The adapter to hook it up to the Radians will be here tomorrow so hopefully I can improve on this shot.

Take Care,
Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 7, 2003 05:19 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Moon - Plato

Posted By Jose Suro

Taken August 6, 2003 with a NexStar 11 GPS in Alt/Az mode, using a Tele Vue 17mm Nagler and Tele Vue Digital Camera Adapter and an Olympus C4000Z digital camera. A single shot was taken at 2246x1742 resolution, F2.8 at 1/30th second ISO 200. Seeing was 5/10 Pickering. Transparency was 1/6.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 12, 2003 10:02 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Latest Mars

Posted By Jose Suro

After a 7 day rain hiatus I was finally able to do some imaging last night. Seeing was 5/10, transparency 4/6.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 13, 2003 09:53 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

The seeing was poor that night

Posted By Jose Suro

Nice West Coast of Florida Weather. Taken by my brother looking accross the street in front of my house.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 16, 2003 10:12 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars 8/16 with Olympus digicam

Posted By Jose Suro

My latest try at Mars this morning with the Olympus C4000Z. Seeing was 5/10 - transparency 2/6.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 17, 2003 06:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

You can't always get what you want...

Posted By Jose Suro

Another round of images with my NS11 and Olympus digicam. The seeing and transparency were really good this morning at about a 7/10 Pickering and 4/6 for transparency for the first time in about 4 months but my images were not any better than previous ones.

I still haven't figured this out but I'm speculating that I need more magnification. I estimate my system is presently at F20, so I figure I need to be at F30~40 for better images. That means another eyepiece or barlowing .

Any way, here's the image:

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 19, 2003 07:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Moon - Olympus Digicam

Posted By Jose Suro

Slewed the scope over to the Moon to finish off the exposures while shooting Mars the other night. Took a shot of Mare Nectaris.

Taken August 16, 2003 with a NexStar 11 GPS in Alt/Az mode, using a Tele Vue 14mm Radian and Tele Vue Radian Digital Camera Adapter and an Olympus C4000Z digital camera. A single shot was taken at 2048x1536 resolution, F2.8 at 1/60th second ISO 200. Seeing was 5/10 Pickering. Transparency was 2/6.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

August 23, 2003 05:42 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Olympus Digicam Mars this morning

Posted By Jose Suro

Good transparency (5/6) and above average seeing (6/10 Pickering). Taken with a NS11 and 10mm Tele Vue Radian w/ TV adapter and Olympus C4000Z digital camera.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida