My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jose Suro

December 28, 2003 06:03 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn 12/27/2003

Posted By Jose Suro

Got another night of pretty decent seeing down here in WCF. This time I changed the white balance on the camera so color correction was minimal. Celestron NexStar 11 and Olympus C4000Z digicam. 184 frames K3CCD/Images Plus/Photoshop.

Take Care - AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

December 28, 2003 07:39 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Baader Moon & Skyglow comparison shots

Posted By Jose Suro

I shot the Moon last night with my Borg 76ED both with and without the Baader Moon & Skyglow filter. The images are unretouched with the exception of being reduced 50%. The image on the bottom is the one with the filter. The filter does show more detail, especially in the brighter areas.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

January 9, 2004 05:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Full Moon Borg 76ED

Posted By Jose Suro

I got this scope as my Christmas present. It is piggybacked on my NS11. Very happy with the results. Not a trace of false color anywhere.

Image stuff: Borg 76ED, Olympus C4000Z digicam, Panoptic 27mm, TV Radian Adapter. One shot at 1/450 sec F4.5 on camera. Processing in Images Plus and Photoshop 7. Image reduced 65% for web display.

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

January 21, 2004 02:41 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Congratulations Wes :).

Posted By Jose Suro

Your Saturn image is in the March issue of S&T's gallery. WTG!

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

January 22, 2004 04:23 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Comet c2002/T7 Linear

Posted By Jose Suro

Took this image last night with my Olympus C4000Z. Had to jump through all the hoops to get anything at all with a 16 second exposure limit. Image details here:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/c2002T7_linear-01212004.htm

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

January 28, 2004 07:52 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

A couple of tests with Fuji Provia

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

These are some tests I've been doing on my NexStar 11 with the Denkmeier F5 Star Sweeper and Fuji Provia 100F and 400F at prime focus. The first image is of the full Moon at approximately F6 with Fuji Provia 100F. The second image is a stack of 3 short exposures (2-20 seconds and 1-15 seconds) of M42, also around F6, using Fuji Provia 400F pushed 1 stop.

Both images were processed in Images Plus and PhotShop CS and are the full 35mm frame.

Moon:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/14_day_moon-12072003.htm

M42:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/m42_filml_01112004.htm

Take Care,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

February 16, 2004 06:16 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Latest Mars Image

Posted By Jose Suro

From the Spirit rover hazcam.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

February 19, 2004 06:54 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter - digicam 2/19/2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi all,

Last night was the first clear night since January! It was windy but I was able to get 3 sets of 100 images of Jupiter. This one is from the first set - haven't processed the rest yet. With all the wind seeing was unstable but it felt great to be out again. Image is the full frame.

Nexstar 11 GPS - Olympus C4000Z - 14mm Radian - 100 images - K3CCD - Images Plus - Photoshop CS

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

February 20, 2004 05:18 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter and Io - digicam

Posted By Jose Suro

This is one of those shots that are best not tried with a digicam. Io will move a whole moon's width in less than two minutes so all images have to be captured in under a minute or an oblong moon is the result.

Although the seeing was reasonable, Io transiting over Jupiter set a limit to only 40 or so images to stack - compared to over 100 when Jupiter has no moons around. The result is obviously more grain, less detail or both. I went for the less detail option.

Nexstar 11 GPS - Olympus C4000Z - 14mm Radian - K3CCD - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - 40 images - 2/19/2004

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 1, 2004 08:12 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

9 day leap year Moon - 2/29/04

Posted By Jose Suro

Took this shot last night in good weather and seeing but with very high winds. The image is a single shot exactly as it came out of the camera. No processing was done except for size reduction.

Borg 76ED - Olympus C4000Z - Panoptic 27mm - Baader M&S filter - ISO 100 - 1/200 second exposure.