My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jose Suro

March 1, 2004 08:20 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Digicam Jupiter - 2/26/04

Posted By Jose Suro

Had pretty decent seeing but unfortunately the winds were gusting to about 20 knots. This made for a lot of spoiled images and only 80 or so images to stack. The scope was moving around so much that Jupiter kept jumping out of the image frame.

NexStar 11 - Olympus C4000Z at full digital zoom - 14mm Radian - 80 images - 1/30 second

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 3, 2004 04:09 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Getting a ToUcam - barlows questions

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi all,

Now that the new ToUcams are out I'm finally considering buying one. Some feedback on barlows and Powermates would be much appreciated. My scope is F10 and it's F25 with the Powermate or F30 with the Tele Vue 3x barlow. Seeing can get really good sometimes down here (not lately ) and I'm wondering if F25 would be too little magnification.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 8, 2004 01:09 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Unlimited energy source found on Mars

Posted By Jose Suro

From the Spirit Rover pancam...

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 11, 2004 06:35 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Digicam Jupiter 3/11/2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Bad seeing at 4/10 Pickering but that's all I've had lately. At least the skies were clear.

NexStar 11 GPS on Wedge - Olympus C4000Z - 14mm Radian - 75 images - K3CCD - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 20, 2004 10:09 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Digicam Jupiter 3/20/2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Imaged Jupiter last night after two weeks under the tropical jetstream with rain and horrible seeing. Seeing last night was still average with high winds. Image is the full frame.

NexStar 11 GPS - Olympus C4000Z @ full digital zoom - 10mm Radian - 63 images - K3CCD - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/

March 22, 2004 09:22 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

First image using a wedge

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi all,

This is my first image using a wedge for my Nexstar 11 GPS. The image was taken with a Borg 76ED at prime focus piggybacked on the NS11. A 15 minute exposure with a Nikon N50 - Fuji Provia 400F pushed +1 - Baader Moon & Skyglow filter. Quickie processing during lunch in PhotoShop CS.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 23, 2004 02:58 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

B33-3/20/2004

Posted By Jose Suro

My first attempt at the Horsehead. Taken with a Borg 76ED piggybacked on a NexStar 11 GPS.

Prime Focus - Nikon N50 - Baader Moon and Skyglow filter - Fuji Provia 400F at ISO 800 - single 30 minute exposure - manually guided.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 24, 2004 06:15 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Constellation Shot - Gemini

Posted By Jose Suro

This image is a composite of two shots. The first shot was a 5 minute exposure while the second was 2 minutes with a diffuser. Camera was piggybacked on a NexStar 11 GPS and exposures were unguided. 35~105 Nikkor AF lens set at 35mm and F3.5. Fuji Provia 400F at ISO 800. Levels, curves, etc. on PhotoShop CS. The big bright "star" on Gemini's right foot is Saturn.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

March 24, 2004 06:12 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

M46 Widefield

Posted By Jose Suro

There are three clusters and one planetary nebula in this image. Taken with a Borg 76ED piggybacked on a NexStar 11 GPS, a Nikon F50 and a Baader Moon and Skyglow filter. one 8-minute exposure manually guided with Fuji Provia 400F at ISO 800. Cluster M46 is in the middle with planetary NGC2438 at the bottom of the cluster, while M47 and NGC2423 are at bottom left.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

April 3, 2004 05:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Toucam 840 first light

Posted By Jose Suro

Finally came over to the dark side smile. This is my first attempt with a webcam - in pretty horrific conditions. The wind was so strong it blew away my dew shield into the neighbors yard! I managed to get this sequence of 1100 and kept 620. Still, I had to resize the image to 70% for display.

Celestron NS11 - Toucam 840 - TV 3X Barlow - K3CCD - Images Plus - Photoshop CS

Comments and tips most welcome.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida