My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jose Suro

April 3, 2004 08:38 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Another sequence from las night

Posted By Jose Suro

Didn't think to process this sequence first because it only had 600 frames but the 300 frames selected had better quality than the one I posted this morning and therefore better detail.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

April 4, 2004 05:27 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

"Soft" Jupiter from last night

Posted By Jose Suro

Last night the seeing didn't offer much support for post-processing and I also might have been a tad out of focus. So much to learn! It's a whole new game focusing on a PC screen. So.. didn't much process this image because I think in these situations the "soft" image is more appealing.

NS11- Toucam 840 - Tele Vue 3x Barlow - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS.

640 images stacked and reduced by 30%.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

April 7, 2004 08:04 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

33% Obstructed Jupiter :)

Posted By Jose Suro

Couldn't resist using the title because of the ongoing SCT thread smile. I'm one of them "obstruction challenged" astronomers.

Got tired of playing with Guide Dog last night so I shot some sequences. This one is 524 frames from 1132. Seeing was 3~4/10 with very large undulations and transparency was 3/6 with high thin clouds - like shooting from the bottom of the pool smile. Thought it came out pretty good considering. Might have pushed the processing a bit too much..

Celestron NS11 - Toucam 840 - TV 3X Barlow - K3CCD - Registax - Images Plus and PhotoShop CS - image reduced 30%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

AND - HAPPY EASTER!

April 11, 2004 08:14 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 4/10/2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

Happy Easter! Last night was the first night with seeing in the 5~6/10 category in months. Snapped this sequence and one of Saturn.

NexStar 11 GPS - Toucam 840 - TV 3X barlow - 622 images - K3CCD - Registax - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - image size 100%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

April 11, 2004 08:25 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn 4/10/2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Also from last night. I hadn't shot Saturn in ages.

NexStar 11 GPS - Toucam Pro 840 - TV 3X barlow - 346 images - K3CCD - Registax - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Image size 100%

April 15, 2004 03:03 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Reciprocity failure and ISO

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

I was at my local photo pro-shop today and they were out of Fuji Provia 400F, which I've been using as of late. I told the owner there that I was pushing the 400F +1 and exposing for over 30 minutes. He proceeded to lecture me on the "fact" that at those long exposures the reciprocity failure curve is such that ISO has little meaning anymore and that I could achieve similar exposure results with Fuji Provia 100F not pushed!

This doesn't sound right to me but is this guy right?

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

April 16, 2004 06:07 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 04.15.2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

Seeing last night was 4~5/10 so I reduced the image by 20% because it wouldn't take the magnification. Transparency was as good as it gets though - super clear.

NextStar 11 GPS - Toucam Pro 840 - TV 3x Barlow - 547 images - K3CCD - Registax - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - image is 80% of full size

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

April 18, 2004 08:38 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 04.17.2004

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

I was hoping to do some deep sky imaging last night but the wind got so bad the idea was quickly abandoned. Shot Jupiter instead. Seeing was good at 5~6/10 and transparency was 4/6 with 15~20mph east winds.

NexStar 11 GPS - ToUcam Pro 840 - TV 3x Barlow - 456/1352 images - K3CCD - Registax - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Image size is 100%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 1, 2004 05:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

First light new toy :)

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi all,

Nothing much. Just a 5 minute single monochrome image for first light with my new SBIG 2000XM. Took this at 5:55am this morning. I spent the previous 3 hours figuring out stuff like focusing (still not right) and guiding.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 6, 2004 05:18 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

2nd Light SBIG 2000xm - M13

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

This is my second attempt with the new camera. Fell asleep during the luminance series and couldn't take the color! Tracking is a bit off but focus was better this time.

NexStar 11 GPS @ F6.75 - SBIG 2000XM - 6 images @ 240 sec. - Bin 1X1 - Images Plus - Image reduced 50%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida