My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jose Suro

May 8, 2004 07:11 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M13 - color portion

Posted By Jose Suro

I took the rgb portion of my M13 - image last night. This CCD stuff is not for the faint of heart! It took mo all night just to figure the color thing out and take 9 images! I have no clue as to the colors being right...

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 9, 2004 08:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

OT: Need friendly advice

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi,

I know this is off topic but if anyone has dealt with this before tell me how you handled it. My new backyard neighbors just moved in. The pictures below tell the whole story. The bottom picture shows my shadow on the side of my house as I took the picture. My backyard was really nice and dark until night before last! Now it's like daylight sad. If I can't fix this there will be $15K worth of stuff in Astromart soon .

Thanks,

Jose

May 14, 2004 09:26 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

2nd Light ST2000 - IC1318

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

Too windy last night for my NexStar 11, and inspired by Johannes great image I gave IC1318 a go last night with my Borg 76ED. I don't own an H-alpha filter just yet but by the looks of this image, it's going to be my next purchase! Like Johannes I didn't have time for the color portion but I did mix 2 shots through the red filter with the luminance.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with this being my second image.

Borg 76ED piggyback on NS11 - ST2000XM - IDAS LPR filter - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Neat Image - Lum: 5@900 sec. - Red: 2@1200 sec. - Total exposure: 1.9 hours - image reduced 50%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 21, 2004 05:02 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M27 this morning

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

Another long night with pretty horrific seeing and gusty winds. Still, I was able to grab this shot just before dawn.

NexStar 11 GPS @ F6.35 - SBIG ST-2000XM - IDAS LPR filter - L30:R21:G15:B15 - 1X1 resolution - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Neat Image - Image reduced 50%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 22, 2004 04:51 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

New Image - M5

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

A new image of M5 taken this morning. Seeing was decent enough to grab some detail.

NexStar 11 GPS - ST2000XM : IDAS LPS filter - L:35 R:30 G:24 B:24 - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Image reduced 50%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 24, 2004 08:02 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

New Image - M20 - and better color...

Posted By Jose Suro

Thanks to Jim, Jeff and Mark who were so kind to help me with my color balance issues. Last night I calibrated my filters with a solar analog star and my colors look better. Seeing was horrific again tonight although I think this had to do with M20 being so low in the sky.

NexStar 11 GPS @ F6.35 - SBIG ST2000XM - IDAS LPS filter - L:35 R:24 G:12 B:18 - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Neat Image - Image reduced 50%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

May 28, 2004 03:53 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

New Image: M8

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

My first crack at the Lagoon Nebula. Pretty good seeing this morning although a little windy.

Borg 76ED piggyback on NexStar 11 GPS - ST2000XM - IDAS LPS Filter - L:30 R:30 G:15 B:18 all at 1X1 - Images Plus - PhotoShop CS - Image reduced to 1024X768.

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

June 12, 2004 10:28 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

IC 5070 - Pelican Nebula

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

Forgot I had taken this set of images back on May 28th. Found them cleaning my hard drive so went ahead and processed them. Seven luminance images 900 seconds each for 1.75 hours total exposure.

Borg 76ED - ST2000XM - Images Plus - PhotShop CS - Neat Image - reduced 50%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

June 14, 2004 06:20 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M13 Wide Field and Difraction Rings?

Posted By Jose Suro

Hi All,

Another image I took on May 28th. This one a wide filed of M13. The interesting part is that unless these are artifacts, it seems the seeing was so good that I captured a couple of diffraction rings on the brightest stars. One is to the right of M13 and the other is left and above. I knew the seeing was really good that night but still, I think getting diffraction rings is highly unusual so this might be something else.

Oh, and NGC6207 can just be seen lower right.

Borg 76ED piggybacked on a NexStar 11 GPS - ST2000XM - IDAS LPS filter - L:6 R:12 G:6 B:9 - Images Plus - PhotShop CS - Image reduced to 65%

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida

July 25, 2004 07:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Tweedling my thumbs and reprocessing - M5

Posted By Jose Suro

Been tweedling my thumbs for exactly 59 nights of no joy now. This is some weird weather we're having down here on the WCF (West coast of Florida). So... I'm repocessing old images. I did some color calibration based on a solar analog star back in May so I'm slowly reprocessing my images for color fidelity. This one is of M5. Interesting to note that once I applied correct color ratios most of the star are white smile.

Image is here:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jsuro/m5-05222004.htm

Best,

Jose Suro
Tierra Verde, Florida