New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Tyler Allred

May 7, 2003 02:38 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Sandhill crane on its nest

Posted By Tyler Allred

Hi all,
I am new to this forum so please forgive any breaches of protocol that I might make. I do river restoration work for a living, and I get lots of opportunities to take great shots of wildlife. I may start posting a few photos if anyone has any interest. Last Friday I took this shot of a sandhill on its nest. The photo was taken with a Nikon 4300 digital through the eyepiece of my Swarovski ATS65. Hope someone enjoys it.

May 7, 2003 02:57 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Osprey having a snack

Posted By Tyler Allred

Hi again,
I think I learned that the size of the images needs to be reduced for viewing in this forum, so this one is smaller. I took this shot of an opsrey with a large fish last week. Again, I used my Nikon 4300 through the eyepiece of my Swarovski ATS65. The original has much better resolution. Hope you enjoy it.

May 7, 2003 03:03 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Smaller version of the sandhill (sorry!)

Posted By Tyler Allred

Here is a smaller version!

May 7, 2003 03:10 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Pair of Herons on nest

Posted By Tyler Allred

Several pairs of herons are guarding nests near my jobsite. I took this photo last week. Again, I used my Nikon 4300 through the eyepiece of my Swarovski ATS65. Hope you enjoy!

May 7, 2003 03:34 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Egret fishing in the Provo River

Posted By Tyler Allred

I took this photo of a snowy egret doing a little fishing in the Provo River. He was walking along, wiggling rocks with his feet, and then eating sculpins as they tried to get away. I wished I had been able to get my movie camera attached in time, but no chance. Sorry about the slight blur in spots...I took the picture through some sparse brush. Enjoy!

May 7, 2003 04:17 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Woodpecker (species?)

Posted By Tyler Allred

Hey...I'm an ameteur photographer and a professional geomorphologist, but I'm not yet a birder!

May 7, 2003 11:14 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Hairy Friend

Posted By Tyler Allred

I took this today with my Nikon 4300 through the eyepiece of my Swarovski ATS65. Enjoy!

May 7, 2003 11:26 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Kildeer Photo

Posted By Tyler Allred

Nothing exotic...just a nice closeup of an interesting bird. This was taken today with my Nikon 4300 and Swarovski ATS65.

May 7, 2003 11:45 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Great Blue Heron Rookery Photos

Posted By Tyler Allred

Taken today near Heber City, Utah. This site has an amazing heron rookery that I just can't keep my lens away from! This image was taken from about 400 ft.

May 8, 2003 03:54 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Bald Eagle photo and a question?

Posted By Tyler Allred

A few weeks ago, I was driving past Deer Creek reservoir and there were about 15 eagles scattered around the lake, just walking around on the ice. This picture shows one, but there were lots of them. There were several very young birds as well. I had driven this road every day, all winter, and had never seen any eagles on the ice. By the following day, all the ice was melted. Anyone have an idea about what they might have been doing out on the ice? You can see from the talon marks in the ice that they had been walking all over the area. Just wondering.
Tyler